The Coming Storm

As Altar Master Yuan managed the main hall, he had the most contact with Wenren È and was the best at guessing his intentions. Seeing the Venerable look at them with an expression of 'I can't believe you're all so useless', he hurriedly said, "Is the Venerable speaking of a woman? There won't be much use in asking Protector Shu or Altar Master Qiu about women. The Venerable should ask this subordinate instead."

Shu Yanyan and Qiu Congxue looked at Altar Master Yuan. What do you mean, not much use in asking them about women? Aren't they women?

Altar Master Yuan paid no attention to those two needle-like gazes on him and continued, "If this subordinate may be so bold, what does the Venerable need this woman to do?"

"Not much, just forget a man," said Wenren È.

Altar Master Yuan was short and plump, like a jolly next-door uncle. His eyes squinted when he smiled, making him look kindly, but his next words were anything but. "This subordinate sees two methods. The first, kill that man. The second, find another man, and make this woman fall in love with him."

Wenren È thought for a moment. The first method wouldn't work for now. Baili Qingmiao loved Hè Wenzhao deeply, and if Hè Wenzhao died now, Baili Qingmiao's heart would be stuck on him forever, and she would be trapped by her obsession and unable to pass her inner demon tribulation at the Nascent Soul stage. The second method, though, had some merit. But where to find that man?

Abusive Romance's love interest number one Hè Wenzhao, number two Wenren È, and number four Yin Hanjiang were already struck from the running. Number five was currently less than a week old and couldn't qualify, so the only one left was number three, Zhongli Qian.

But Zhongli Qian had debuted even later than number five. It had been the day Hè Wenzhao wedded the Violet Spirit Pavilion Master. He came to offer congratulations on behalf of the number one cultivation clan, the Zhongli clan, and met Baili Qingmiao, who had been confined to the back mountains by Hè Wenzhao and was trying to escape. That was still fifty years in the future.

Wenren È didn't have the patience to wait fifty years. He decided that after he recovered from the injuries he would sustain in the Great Sect War, he would go kidnap Zhongli Qian from the Zhongli clan and throw him at Baili Qingmiao, to wait for them to slowly develop feelings for each other.

"This method might work." Wenren È gave Altar Master Yuan an appreciative look. "Avoid discussing this matter for now. Right now, we should focus on the Great Sect War. After the war, everyone will be rewarded appropriately for their efforts."

"Understood!" said the five in unison.

For the rest of the meeting, Shu Yanyan revealed the righteous sects' plans, the Altar Masters offered their own ideas, and they finally settled on a battle plan. After they had each been assigned their duties, they went their separate ways.

After leaving the meeting room, Altar Master Yuan came up to Shu Yanyan and asked, "Protector Shu, is there a woman who has caught the Venerable's eye?"

"What?" Shu Yanyan gave him a sideways look. "Do you want to take advantage of his weakness of heart to harm him?"

Shu Yanyan spoke very frankly, but Altar Master Yuan waved his hands and said, "No, no, how could that be?"

While they were talking, the other three Altar Masters also walked up. Even the frosty Qiu Congxue had a look of "I heard someone plotting against the Lord of Demons and I'm interested" on her face. Four pairs of eyes watched Shu Yanyan intently.

Shu Yanyan sighed. "You're overthinking it. Trust my years of experience. The Venerable probably isn't interested in that girl, he just wants her as a disciple. He's set on having a righteous sect disciple switch to cultivating the Path of Indifference, and I have no idea why either."