Predetermined

Yin Hanjiang's words were a shock to Wenren È. The way he remembered it, Yin Hanjiang had always been oblivious to love. Back when Hè Wenzhao was lying to Baili Qingmiao about Shu Yanyan, Wenren È had asked Yin Hanjiang, "Protector Yin, would you believe something like this? Can love really make people so brainless?"

Yin Hanjiang had answered, "This subordinate believes anything the Venerable says, and hears not a word of anything anyone else says."

Wenren È had always believed that Yin Hanjiang was ignorant like him. Yet he had said he liked Wenren È.

Was it the doings of inner demons, or Yin Hanjiang's own thought?

When Wenren È didn't respond for a long time, Yin Hanjiang looked displeased.

He pushed Wenren È over with one hand, looking down at him with a fierce glare. "A mere inner demon dares to defy me?"

Wenren È had never seen Yin Hanjiang be so unreasonable before. "Sect Leader Yin, I..."

Before he could finish speaking, Yin Hanjiang dipped his head and trapped Wenren È's lips with his own.

Yin Hanjiang's cold lips pressed against Wenren È's, carrying the lingering taste of wine. Wenren È had never experienced something like this before in his life. He felt a tingling sensation spread throughout his body. His body was already formed from primordial chaos, but he couldn't summon his spiritual energy to push Yin Hanjiang away.

Wenren È lost all sense of time, knowing only the cool softness against his lips.

As he wondered why Yin Hanjiang's body was still so cold, the red-robed man had already let go of him, sitting up shakily.

Yin Hanjiang rubbed his temples, then splashed a handful of spring water on his face. "What am I fighting with an inner demon for?" he muttered to himself.

He glanced sideways at Wenren È. His eyes were frosty, a cold smile at the corner of his lips, as if he was scoffing at himself.

He stood up and, while Wenren È was still in a daze, yanked the robe off him. Holding it lovingly in his arms, he walked away without a backward glance, leaving Wenren È alone.

The red stone fell from his hand, causing Wenren È's body to return to energy. He touched his lips with his fingers, feeling like the tingling had spread to his soul.

No one would come to the back mountains. Wenren È sat there stunned for a long time, until he finally remembered something. He picked up the stone and brought out Abusive Romance. Flipping it open, he saw the scene where, when Baili Qingmiao and Hè Wenzhao first met, Baili Qingmiao bumped her shixiong's finger. She had felt a tingling sensation travel from her fingertip all the way to her heart, as her heart began to race wildly.

Wenren È had thought this was the lingering effects of the lightning that had struck her.

Only now did he realize there really could be a tingling sensation when people touched.

Wenren È plunged his hand into the spiritual spring. The spring water was far warmer than Yin Hanjiang's hands.

In Baili Qingmiao's conversation with Zhongli Qian and Yin Hanjiang, she had nearly been killed by Yin Hanjiang. Only with Zhongli Qian's advice did Yin Hanjiang suppress his murderous intent and, as he was leaving, he shot Baili Qingmiao a vicious glare. Baili Qingmiao was so terrified that she collapsed with a high fever.

Zhongli Qian shooed Altar Master Shi away, so he wouldn't make her illness worse. He ordered Su Huai to feed her medicine, and after seeing her condition stabilize, he said to Su Huai, "Come with me to the spirit gathering array in the Main Hall. We still have to help your marital ancestor. There's never any rest with these two."