Turning the Tables

Zhongli Qian had used Baili Qingmiao as an excuse to send Shu Yanyan to search for a healer, but with who the Right Protector was, she figured it out immediately.

Baili Qingmiao had been suicidal at Xuanyuan Sect for over a year, with no one speaking of finding a healer. Instead, they had called Altar Master Shi over for a night and made her even more ill, leaving her unconscious for a year.

Now Yin Hanjiang had been back for less than ten days, and Zhongli Qian was begging her to find a healer. It was obvious who for.

Shu Yanyan didn't question him, since she also thought Yin Hanjiang's current state wasn't right. Even when Wenren È was still around, she had seen signs of Yin Hanjiang deviating.

She hadn't expected, however, to send people out to search and immediately run into the number one healer of the cultivation world, Yao Jiaping. This made her a bit wary.

In her six hundred years of cultivation, Shu Yanyan had successively served three Xuanyuan Sect Masters, and her experiences were innumerable. As a woman who often plotted against others, she believed anything that was too easy to come by must be a trap. If something appeared on your doorstep, it was either bait or poison.

Thus she immediately reported to Yin Hanjiang that Altar Master Zhongli had found a doctor for Baili Qingmiao. Foremost so Yin Hanjiang could also keep an eye out, and the problem became Zhongli Qian and Yin Hanjiang's business. Even if Yao Jiaping was questionable, it wouldn't be her fault. Secondly, if Yao Jiaping really was here to treat people, then he could come into contact with Yin Hanjiang and secretly observe his condition.

After making her report, Shu Yanyan personally served Yao Jiaping a cup of top quality spiritual tea and ordered her subordinates to bring him unlimited spiritual fruits. Gracefully sitting next to him, she said, "Word is you never make house calls. I'm deeply grateful that you were willing to come to Xuanyuan Sect today."

"It was a coincidence," Yao Jiaping said. "I was out searching for spiritual herbs when I met your people. Since I was in a good mood, I decided I'd come look. However, as a doctor, I have a few stipulations. If I was only sought after others have already failed to treat the condition, I won't treat them. If the condition isn't interesting enough, I won't treat them. If you can't pay, I won't treat them."

His looks were above average, about matched to Zhongli Kuang's, but his words were even wilder.

It made sense, since Yao Jiaping was a wandering immortal whose power ranked quite high in the cultivation world. He was also a skilled doctor who always had people begging for his services, so he could naturally get away with being arrogant. Zhongli Kuang hadn't had the strength to back his words, but the power of the Zhongli clan itself was formidable, so his arrogance had also been justified.

"The first two requirements are definitely fulfilled," Shu Yanyan said. "What price are you asking for?"

Yao Jiaping looked at Shu Yanyan's fingers. "I must first check the patient before I can say," he said haughtily.

"I've already sent people to bring her over." Shu Yanyan acted like she hadn't noticed Yao Jiaping's glance. She clapped her hands lightly, having two of her subordinates carry Baili Qingmiao in.

At the same time, Yin Hanjiang had also arrived at the guest quarters. He stood outside the door without entering, seeing Zhongli Qian rush over.

Zhongli Qian had had contact with Yao Jiaping in the past. In their thirty years of travel, Su Huai had gotten injured on one occasion, and Baili Qingmiao, while seeking care for him, coincidentally ran into Yao Jiaping. The eccentric doctor wanted her to pay using her Nascent Soul or body, so Baili Qingmiao chose to give up her Nascent Soul to save Su Huai. Fortunately, Qiu Congxue arrived in time and managed to "convince" Yao Jiaping. From then on, there had been enmity between the groups.