My Ah-Wu

Time passed differently within his consciousness compared to outside. Its speed was related to the depth of Wenren È's memories, so the next ten years passed like an instant to Yin Hanjiang.

He was an observer in this world, looking on as ten years flew by and Wenren Wu changed his name, running around within the occupied cities and saving whoever he came across. All the while, he was gathering strength and waiting for his opportunity.

At the same time, great changes occurred in the imperial court. With a new emperor's rise to power, the country became more prosperous and the military stronger. The new emperor hoped to take back the lost lands and was waiting to build up power. War could break out any instant.

Wenren Wu took the opportunity to ally with the underground resistance in the cities, and with cooperation from inside and outside, they drove the foreign tribe out in one fell swoop. His martial arts were powerful and he commanded forces with skill, as well as having the support of the civilians at the border. He built up renown within the military, waiting for his opportunity, then revealed himself as the orphaned son of Marshal Wenren. Everyone rallied in support of him, and faced with his influence, the court had no choice but to exonerate the Wenren clan.

After laying low for ten years, Wenren Wu finally entered battle as a general, taking back the nine cities in one move and pushing the tribespeople back to the prairies where they didn't dare to emerge.

By this point, his natural talent in cultivation had brought him to the peak of Core Formation.

Wenren Wu had climbed to the Core Formation stage quickly through conflict, but at that moment, he felt himself reach a bottleneck.

No matter how many people he killed or how much territory he took back, he was unable to break through. Just as the manual had said, it was very difficult to break through to the Nascent Soul stage on the Path of Slaughter.

By now, that demonic cultivator returned. He made a suggestion—Wenren Wu had not yet forged a bonded weapon, but a meteor had just fallen onto the prairies, starting a fire which burned for half a month. The tribespeople lost their grazing lands and many of their livestock had starved to death. Wenren Wu discovered a divine metal within the meteor and forged it into a halberd with divine fire, but no matter what he did, he couldn't merge with it and make it his bonded weapon.

The prairie fire destroyed the foreign tribe's power, and they had no choice but to surrender, becoming vassal states who sent tribute to the imperial court every year.

The new emperor negotiated peace and the war that had lasted for three years finally ended. Wenren Wu was unable to accept this.

When his town was slaughtered, he had vowed to exterminate the enemy tribe, not leaving a single soldier or civilian.

The official that the court sent to negotiate surrender happened to be a branch member of the Zhongli clan named Zhongli Chu. He was also a Core Formation cultivator and had great prestige. In one move, he brought Wenren Wu under control, forced him to give up his leadership, and put him under house arrest.

Rage burned within Wenren Wu. Holding his newly forged halberd, his expression was dark and vicious, and he showed faint signs of deviation.

Yin Hanjiang was still tiny after fifteen years had passed. He had never seen his Venerable like this before, and hugged his leg, wishing he would return to normal, but Wenren Wu was submerged in his memories and didn't notice him.

"Tut tut, looking at your state, you'll probably never break through to Nascent Soul." The demonic cultivator had returned. He figured Wenren Wu should be forming a Nascent Soul any time now, so often hung around the border, waiting for his chance.