Primordial Divinity

He set aside his questions for now and continued to read, hoping the third volume would contain more information about the Burning Sky Immortal.

Unfortunately, aside from the protagonists mentioning his name twice, nothing more was written about him. Wenren È quickly skimmed the third volume. A general overview of the story was that, after entering the divine realm, Hè Wenzhao was recognized by one of the gods as the reincarnation of a previous god. He made friends with the people he knew in his previous life, continuing to power up and beating up ascended gods. Everyone in the divine realm was now ascended gods, with the primordial gods all having long since fallen.

The first two-thirds of the story was fairly peaceful. Hè Wenzhao's old friends and wives ascended to the divine realm one after another, while Hè Wenzhao continued to make new friends and take new wives. Baili Qingmiao, who had made plenty of appearances in the first volume, seemed to have all but vanished in this one. It was the Violet Spirit Master who followed Hè Wenzhao the whole way, getting along perfectly with his new wives.

In the last third, things went downhill quick . First, one of Hè Wenzhao's friends suddenly deviated and became a demon, so everyone was forced to kill their own good friend. At the same time, the news came that the barrier in the Blood Hell had been broken. The 180 thousand demonic gods that had been sealed in ancient times had escaped and lain waste to the human realm.

Their friend who had gone mad had relatives in the human world and had been cursed using his bloodline, becoming corrupted.

First the cultivation world fell, then the immortal realm. The ascended gods put up their best fight, but the destructive power and corruptive influence of the demonic gods were too strong. Anyone who faced them were either killed and consumed, or deviated. In order to hold off the demonic gods' invasion of the divine realm, Hè Wenzhao's friends went to the immortal realm one after another to do battle. Hè Wenzhao, now the leader of the gods, also wanted to go, but at this moment, the master he had always trusted turned on him.

It turned out his master was a demon, the blood demon. He had taken so much care in guiding Hè Wenzhao in the past in order to steal his body someday. The Blood Demon Elder had waited patiently for all this time, until the worlds were in chaos. With the help of the demonic energy all around, he tried to take Hè Wenzhao's body in one fell swoop.

When Hè Wenzhao was on the brink of succumbing, Baili Qingmiao, who had been hidden for over 800,000 words at this point, finally appeared. In order to protect Hè Wenzhao, she formed a soul bond with him. They joined forces to destroy the Blood Demon Elder once and for all.

But Baili Qingmiao had been heavily injured by the Blood Demon Elder. When she died, Hè Wenzhao, whose soul was bound to hers, should've followed. But Baili Qingmiao had done something at the moment before her death to protect him, so that he survived while she didn't.

After Baili Qingmiao died, as Hè Wenzhao sat there weeping, the cosmos shifted and the three worlds crumbled. The human, immortal, and divine realms all became one. Most of the lives in the three worlds and the ascended gods were wiped out in an instant.

It was only now that they realized that Baili Qingmiao, in her past life, had been the last primordial god, born with heaven and earth. She had managed disasters, sending cataclysms to the human world, balancing the overpopulation of life and maintaining the equilibrium of creation and destruction. Such was Baili Qingmiao's purpose.

She had already obtained her divine nature in the human world and could ascend, but because of her love for Hè Wenzhao, she had given it up. Without Baili Qingmiao controlling it, the divine nature had begun indiscriminately unleashing disasters. Because of the hate and blame of countless mortals, it was tainted by evil, eventually releasing the 180 thousand demonic gods from the Blood Hell.