Escape by Feigning Death

When reading the book, Wenren È had felt that Baili Qingmiao's awareness wasn't consistent and had an obvious bias. Toward Hè Wenzhao, her fellow disciples, or some of the female rivals, she acted like a fool and believed everything she heard. But whenever Hè Wenzhao had any suspicious contact with another woman, Baili Qingmiao became unusually perceptive, able to notice something was wrong in an instant. When she was with Hè Wenzhao, she could always tell when her love rivals were making advances toward him.

If Baili Qingmiao hadn't been sent off by Wenren È, to leave and travel for six months, there was no way Hè Wenzhao could've messed around all day with Shu Yanyan. It would've taken only one or two times for Baili Qingmiao to notice.

And indeed, she figured out something was wrong right upon returning. The entire way down the mountain, Hè Wenzhao tried to obstruct Baili Qingmiao, but wasn't able to. He could only watch as his shimei leapt onto the Moonlit Frost Silk and burst through Shu Yanyan's window without warning. Shu Yanyan was currently taking off her earrings in a mirror.

She leapt up, hearing the window fly open, and saw a furious Baili Qingmiao, and Hè Wenzhao rushing in after her, while winking furiously at Shu Yanyan.

Shu Yanyan pretended to not see Hè Wenzhao, freezing up the moment she laid eyes on Baili Qingmiao. Tears instantly rolled down her cheeks. Her legs wobbled, and she fell to her knees.

Miss Shu was always a considerate person. Hè Wenzhao had originally wanted to hint at her to not say anything while Baili Qingmiao was distracted questioning her, but it turned out Miss Shu didn't even see him, already too terrified by Baili Qingmiao.

"Miss Shu, you don't have to be so polite even if you're grateful to me," Hè Wenzhao hurriedly said.

"You shut your mouth!" Baili Qingmiao said, shooting a glare at Hè Wenzhao.

She walked over to Shu Yanyan and said coldly, "Why are you kneeling to me?"

Shu Yanyan said nothing. She was sobbing so hard she couldn't take a breath, and with a soft cry, she fainted on the floor.

Baili Qingmiao scooped up that little white flower Shu Yanyan with one arm and pinched the space between her nose and lips hard, waking her. She set her on a chair and said coldly, "Miss Shu, you're a civilian. I wouldn't harm you however angry I was. You don't need to cry."

Despite those words, Shu Yanyan started crying again. "Miss Baili," she sobbed, "you're the one who saved my life. I—I cannot face you."

Hè Wenzhao paled, hearing Shu Yanyan's words. He clenched a fist, and were Baili Qingmiao not there, he didn't know what he might've done.

Shu Yanyan glanced at Hè Wenzhao's expression from the corner of her eye and chuckled inwardly.

They had known each other for six months. Shu Yanyan had known countless men, and figured out Hè Wenzhao's true nature at a glance.

Hè Wenzhao really did love Baili Qingmiao and would always love her more than anyone. The two were childhood sweethearts who no one else could easily get between. But Hè Wenzhao felt there was a clear distinction between his body and his heart. He thought that since he only loved Baili Qingmiao, his heart was pure, and he had done nothing wrong toward Baili Qingmiao. Shu Yanyan was just a temporary mix-up and a way to boost his cultivation. With his shimei gone, Hè Wenzhao would say all the sweet words in the world to lure Shu Yanyan to his side, but now that shimei was back, Shu Yanyan was dirty laundry he had to cover up at all costs, and he had no feelings to spare for her.

When secretly seeking pleasure, it was only pleasurable if you could keep it hidden. Otherwise it was nothing but trouble.

"Why can't you face me?" Baili Qingmiao turned to give Hè Wenzhao a look, then turned her gaze back to Shu Yanyan.