Second Soul Communion

The first soul communion had been under urgent circumstances. Wenren È had just wanted to stabilize Yin Hanjiang's mental state, so didn't look very deeply into his soul. The soul communion depended on the state of Yin Hanjiang's soul. If Yin Hanjiang was determined to resist him and not open up, then it would be no use.

The previous time, Yin Hanjiang's mind was chaotic, and Wenren È had been immediately blocked by the memory of his confession and Yin Hanjiang reading the book. After being treated and having this period of time to calm down, Yin Hanjiang had improved significantly. There were now many points of light in his soul.

Wenren È approached one light and saw within it the scene where he had retrieved the Snow Flame for Yin Hanjiang.

He walked to another, larger one, and saw Yin Hanjiang capturing Hè Wenzhao.

After looking at a few more, Wenren È realized that the many points of light of varying sizes were the memories that brought Yin Hanjiang joy and happiness. If the feeling was weaker, the light was smaller. If it was stronger, the light was bigger.

In the largest light was Yin Hanjiang reading Abusive Romance, seeing Wenren È's confession through Baili Qingmiao. It hung at the highest point in his sea of consciousness, bright and round like a sun.

There was a bloodstain within the light, however, and when Wenren È extended his consciousness into it, he found a mess of chaotic, dark thoughts, with traces of the inner demons' interference. It was the things that caused Yin Hanjiang the most pain.

Wenren È realized. The points of light were Yin Hanjiang's happiest memories, while the bloodstains were the sources of his inner demons.

He walked further and further into Yin Hanjiang's sea of consciousness, searching for the origin of his deepest pain. Finally, somewhere deep, he found an enormous bloodstain, bigger than the "sun" hanging in the sky.

This must be the root of everything.

Wenren È tried to enter it, but it resisted him, unwilling to let him in.

"Sect Leader Yin," he said softly. "It's me, Wenren È."

When he said his name, the bloodstain shrank even tighter, forbidding him.

Yin Hanjiang was resisting him. This was what he least wanted Wenren È to see.

What should he do, then? Hovering before the bloodstain, Wenren È felt a bit anxious. All the lights and bloodstains were events of the past, which meant this stain before him was something Wenren È didn't know about, which Yin Hanjiang had sealed off from him.

Even if they were cultivation partners, there should still be some boundaries between them. If Yin Hanjiang didn't want him to touch something, he wouldn't force him.

But if he didn't resolve this bloodstain, he couldn't treat Yin Hanjiang's inner demons. He really was trapped in a dilemma.

Wenren È thought for a while, remembering all his interactions with Yin Hanjiang. Thinking that he also had events in his past he didn't wish for anyone to know, he suddenly realized.

If Yin Hanjiang didn't want him to probe, then he could allow Yin Hanjiang to understand him.

Wenren È opened his arms. "This Venerable won't overstep your boundaries. I just wanted to enter your soul and dissolve the walls between us."

As he spoke, the bloodstain kept shrinking, until it was small enough that Wenren È could encircle it in his arms, and hold it to his chest.

Even if it was Yin Hanjiang's dark past, Wenren È would use his body to protect it. The bloodstain slowly melded into Wenren È's consciousness.