Two Birds With One Stone

Being the protagonist of a novel, Baili Qingmiao's appearance had no flaws. She wore the buttercup yellow dress of the female disciples of Shangqing Sect, hair tied in a simple bun with an ordinary multicolored string. A fresh peach blossom was stuck in her hair, and her face held the same gentle flush as its petals. A few strands of hair fell elegantly across her forehead and framed her face, clear and free from makeup. She wore a pair of light yellow bead earrings and was filled with a youthful grace.

Wenren È was engrossed with her divine light and hadn't noticed her appearance at all. Yin Hanjiang clutched his sword. In his eyes, this girl who had confronted Wenren È with hostile intent was already dead.

Hè Wenzhao finally made it up the stairs. He had known Baili Qingmiao for over ten years, and would've gotten used to it no matter how beautiful she was. After getting to the second floor, all his attention was on Shu Yanyan. With a few coins, he sent one of the waiters to get a doctor who could treat fractures, then crouched near Shu Yanyan's chair and said anxiously, "Don't worry, Miss Shu, I'll make sure to get justice for you!"

Shu Yanyan: ...

No way, was she the only one who noticed this little Baili Qingmiao girl was really quite beautiful? Do these three men all have eye problems? And the one getting justice is clearly Baili Qingmiao, what is Hè Wenzhao trying to get in on the action for?

Even though she was filled with doubts, Shu Yanyan had a strong work ethic and remembered her task—seduce Hè Wenzhao. With effort, she placed her pale hand into Hè Wenzhao's considerably larger palm, and said with eyes full of affection, "This maiden's life is as thin as paper. Being able to meet Young Master Hè today is the fortune of three lifetimes. Miss Baili, you don't need to make enemies for someone like me."

Even if you do, you can't beat them, Shu Yanyan grumbled in her heart.

Baili Qingmiao was still too young, barely at Foundation Establishment. Hè Wenzhao was a bit older, but still only at Core Formation stage. Wenren È didn't need to act, and Yin Hanjiang didn't need to unsheathe his sword. He could kill these two Shangqing Sect juniors with one finger.

Baili Qingmiao was even more furious after hearing Shu Yanyan's words, and she also felt regretful. That day, Hè Wenzhao had wanted to call on Miss Shu, saying that some disciples met her in the small town a few days ago and helped her out. Even if it was a chance encounter, they had to take responsibility until the end. If they helped her but abandoned her halfway, this karma would be on them, and their heavenly tribulations would be harder in the future.

Baili Qingmiao was always preoccupied with her own jealousy. She'd just had yet another spat with her shixiong Hè Wenzhao about Liu-shijie. They had originally planned to set out at seven in the morning, but she had delayed them until nine. Her shixiong's cultivation was much stronger than hers and he could deduce the ways of heaven better than she could. Maybe today he'd gotten a feeling that something was wrong, and that's why he was anxious to leave early. If she had been just a bit earlier, maybe Miss Shu wouldn't have...

While berating herself, Baili Qingmiao heard Shu Yanyan's words and couldn't restrain her anger anymore. She reached out an arm and the strip of silver silk around her waist, which clashed with the color of her clothes, moved of its own accord. This was the bonded weapon she had refined after attaining Foundation Establishment, the Moonlit Frost Silk. As it uncoiled, it resembled a streak of silver light glittering under the full moon, sublime and beautiful.

"Shimei!" Hè Wenzhao was concerned about Shu Yanyan, but he also worried for Baili Qingmiao, whom he had taken care of throughout her childhood.

Seeing her bring out her bonded weapon, he was anxious she would get hurt if her opponents turned out to be cultivators. He flashed in front of her, the sword on his back rising out of its sheath to float in the air, tip aimed at the two men.