Treasure Trove

Yin Hanjiang had kicked him hard. He restrained his power a bit, as Yao Jiaping was a wandering immortal, so he had to act the part. He didn't really put his heart into the act, though.

Hè Wenzhao was only at Void Boundary, though, and with his guard completely down, there was no way he could withstand an attack with the full force of a wandering immortal. If the Blood Demon hadn't used spiritual energy to protect him, Yin Hanjiang's kick might've destroyed his organs. The Blood Demon did treasure Hè Wenzhao as a host with the potential to ascend, so that he could absorb more powerful people in the immortal realm.

"What are you doing?!" Hè Wenzhao said, climbing back to his feet.

He was close friends with Yao Jiaping. Yao Jiaping had previously saved the Sect Master, and later, touched by Hè Wenzhao's feelings toward Baili Qingmiao, agreed to infiltrate Xuanyuan Sect to rescue her. Yao Jiaping's eccentricities were well-known across the cultivation world, but he had always been loyal to Hè Wenzhao. Hè Wenzhao had never been treated like this before and was furious.

It was too much to ask for Yin Hanjiang to act like Yao Jiaping. Impersonation just wasn't in his nature. Fortunately, after reading God of Annihilation: Volume 2, he had learned Yao Jiaping's catchphrases and manner of speaking, so he recited a line from the book. "Oh, I just can't stand seeing you two act so lovey-dovey with each other."

Yao Jiaping was this kind of twisted person in the book. Every time a pair of lovers begged for his help, he would give them a particularly bad time. He would give them two choices, either for the woman to give her body to him, or for them to give up what was most important. Back when Baili Qingmiao brought Su Huai to him, he wanted her to give over her Nascent Soul or her body. When Hè Wenzhao was traveling, he had also brought the Gongxi mistress to him.

He told him clearly that he and the Gongxi mistress were only acquaintances, and also couldn't let him take a maiden's innocence, so agreed to become a test subject for Yao Jiaping.

After saving the Gongxi mistress, Yao Jiaping tormented Hè Wenzhao for a good month. Hè Wenzhao grit his teeth and bore it the whole time, even getting lucky and achieving a breakthrough, increasing his cultivation because of the medicines Yao Jiaping tested on him. Yao Jiaping's interest in Hè Wenzhao was piqued, and he was also touched by his chivalry, so they became good friends.

Hè Wenzhao got to know Yao Jiaping during Baili Qingmiao's thirty year absence, and they'd been friends for twenty years by now. He never would've imagined that Yao Jiaping would one day say the same words to him as he did to cultivators he didn't like.

Remembering Yao Jiaping's habits, he immediately turned to Baili Qingmiao and said, "Shimei, he didn't do anything to you, did he?"

Thinking about the fees that Yao Jiaping took for his treatment, he saw how healthy Baili Qingmiao looked. She'd been injured so badly at the Blood Hell, yet now she's recovered perfectly...

A very unpleasant notion came to Hè Wenzhao's mind. His face turning pale, he stumbled a few steps back, shaking his head. "No, this can't be."

Yin Hanjiang didn't care about where Hè Wenzhao's thoughts went. He came here for one purpose—capturing Hè Wenzhao. Right now, they were right next to the sect array and Hè Wenzhao was alone, so as long as they subdued the Blood Demon, they could carry him right off. Sect arrays were difficult to enter but easy to leave, so no one would be able to stop him and "Baili Qingmiao".

Yin Hanjiang had no interest in entangling himself within Baili Qingmiao and Hè Wenzhao's relationship. He wanted to grab Hè Wenzhao and leave as soon as possible, so he could be back sooner for his next Soul Communion.