Blood Demon Elder

Baili Qingmiao hugged Qiu Congxue's arm and shot a look at Liu Xinye. Though she was being subtle, her provocative intent was clear to see.

Wenren È: ...

If anyone dared to look at him that way in Xuanyuan Sect, they would probably never be able to look at anything for the rest of their life. Wenren È would've dug out those eyes and hung them in Xuanyuan Sect's main hall so they could stare at him all they wanted.

Baili Qingmiao was blatant enough that even Qiu Congxue noticed. She instinctively gauged Wenren È's reaction and, seeing that he looked displeased, immediately reached a hand for Baili Qingmiao's eyes.

Completely oblivious to the danger she was in, Baili Qingmiao lowered her head and dove toward Qiu Congxue's chest. "Master Qingxue, I really really miss shixiong, please?" she begged.

"You can go see him. Seeing as you won't have a chance in the future, right?" Qiu Congxue said pleasantly, pulling her back and looking at her large, sparkling eyes.

That last question was directed at Wenren È, probably asking him for mercy on behalf of Baili Qingmiao, to let her see the one who was most important to her before she was blinded forever. It could also be considered one last favor from master to disciple.

Wenren È looked at Qiu Congxue coldly and said, "There's no need."

Though she had been spared, Baili Qingmiao was still unaware of having been in any danger. She hid behind Qiu Congxue's back again and said, "Liu-shijie, Elder Qingxue has given me permission to go see shixiong! You don't have the authority to stop me!"

Yet this Venerable has the authority to stop Qiu Congxue gouging your eyes out, Wenren È thought.

After hearing Wenren È's words, Qiu Congxue pleasantly patted Baili Qingmiao's cheeks and said with a warm smile, "That's true. There's not much difference in you having those eyes or not."

"Huh?" Baili Qingmiao rubbed at her eyes and gave her master an odd look. Her eyes were fine.

Qiu Congxue had inadvertently agreed to Baili Qingmiao's request. As "Liu Xinye" was just a Core Formation disciple, she couldn't refuse her elder's decisions. She silently followed them as Qiu Congxue opened the barrier array. Baili Qingmiao shot her rival another smug look before boarding the flying boat.

After she climbed on, she felt an odd sensation behind her and turned around to see Elder Qingxue and Liu Xinye both silently following her.

"Why are you coming?" Baili Qingmiao snapped at Liu Xinye.

Hearing her tone, Qiu Congxue took out a small knife and began twirling it at her fingertips, thinking if Baili Qingmiao didn't want her tongue she could cut it out for her; it wasn't necessary for cultivation anyway.

"This— I also need to depart Frost Peak," Liu Xinye said, while reaching out to push down Qiu Congxue's hand with the knife. Qiu Congxue, seeing the Venerable didn't need her help, put away the knife.

Baili Qingmiao, unaware that she had narrowly avoided two disasters, grumbled to herself as she steered the boat. She'd never liked Liu-shijie. Liu-shijie bullied her back when she was an outer disciple and always stole her contribution points, so that she couldn't earn manuals or Foundation Establishment elixirs at the administration hall. If it weren't for her shixiong's consideration, she might still be an ordinary Qi Gathering disciple.

But now that she had Elder Qingxue on her side, Liu-shijie wouldn't dare do anything to her. It was also only with the backing of Elder Qingxue that Baili Qingmiao dared show her resentment to Liu Xinye.

As Baili Qingmiao steered the ship, Wenren È sent a voice transmission to Qiu Congxue behind her, asking, "How did she pass the inner demon tribulation for the Nascent Soul stage?"