Battle with a Wandering Immortal

Baili Qingmiao was not a suspicious person by nature, and believed what people told her. This inclination somewhat had to do with her position in her previous life. Back then no one dared to lie to her face, and her vast power also meant she didn't need to worry whether other people were telling the truth or not. She didn't care to hear a word either way. Due to that, in this life she had no ability to distinguish a lie.

She never considered that this senior who had suddenly shown up could have harmful intentions toward her. His powers were vast and he could kill this little junior by lifting a hand, so what need was there to scheme against her?

When the Flame Feather Cloak vanished, she didn't think much of it, just assumed that the cold of the Ice Plains was too fierce and the cloak had run out of spiritual energy and vanished, or some powerful creature that lived in the Ice Plains had stolen it away without her noticing.

She used her spiritual energy to warm her body and continued forging through a field of endless white.

Baili Qingmiao had no idea where to find the Snow Flame. She just knew that that senior had advised her to wander around and follow her intuition, and she was sure to find it one day.

The Thousand Mile Ice Plains were buried in snow year-round. In daytime, the sky was blanketed in grey clouds, and at night, the light reflected off the snow was almost as bright as day, so it was difficult to tell time. Baili Qingmiao didn't know how long she'd been walking. She had shed tears multiple times, but she didn't give up once.

Shangqing Sect taught its disciples to uphold their promises. Baili Qingmiao had already agreed to this for her seniors, so she couldn't break her word.

Without the Flame Feather Cloak, Baili Qingmiao very soon collapsed into a snowdrift. Fluffy flakes of snow floated down from the sky. Slowly, she reached out her numb fingers to catch the falling flakes.

Shangqing Sect was located south of the Yangtze River, in the area richest in spiritual energy in the Nine Provinces. It had mild seasons and little snow. Baili Qingmiao's only impression of snow was during her sixteenth birthday, when flurries had filled the sky, but melted into the dirt when they landed. She hadn't seen snow before and reached out a hand, but only felt the cold water it melted into.

Baili Qingmiao was sitting on the stone steps of the sect and pouting, staring into the air. Hè Wenzhao, who was on patrol duty that day, saw his shimei sitting in the snow hugging her knees, the end of her yellow dress stained with mud, and had to ask, "Baili-shimei, why are you sitting here?"

"I'm watching the snow," Baili Qingmiao said unhappily. "It's so pretty, but it melts so quickly. I can't see the ground covered with snow. It's not fair."

Hè Wenzhao smiled at her, and said to his juniors patrolling with him, "How are your freezing spells? Since it's snowing today, it's a good chance to practice."

He had a dozen or so disciples simultaneously use the freezing spell. Frosty air blanketed the ground in front of Shangqing Sect's gates, preventing the snowflakes from melting. Flake after flake landed on Baili Qingmiao.

"Happy birthday, shimei," Hè Wenzhao said with a warm smile.

Baili Qingmiao, hearing the sound of falling snow and the loud pounding of her heart, realized at that moment how much she liked her shixiong.

The snow of the Ice Plains wouldn't melt without a freezing spell. It fell gently, slowly burying Baili Qingmiao until the spot of bright yellow was no longer visible.

Baili Qingmiao closed her eyes in the snowdrift. With tears frozen on her face, she sobbed quietly. "Shixiong..."

A voice sounded by her ear. "What a besotted little girl. Are you thinking of your lover?"