Tempest of Xuanyuan Sect

Yin Hanjiang figured out what Wenren È was about to say, that he was asking him his thoughts on love. Honestly, Yin Hanjiang also didn't understand.

As a child, he was picked up out of a mass grave by Wenren È and taken back to Xuanyuan Sect. From the beginning, the Venerable's command was his will, and he had never expressed his own opinions. Even though Wenren È hadn't finished the question, Yin Hanjiang bowed his head and said, "The Venerable's preferences are this subordinate's beliefs."

If the Venerable liked stories, Yin Hanjiang would collect all the stories on Earth for him. If he liked men or women, Yin Hanjiang would bring all the people he liked before him. The Venerable's wishes were Yin Hanjiang's command.

Wenren È stared at Yin Hanjiang kneeling before him and recalled the novel filling his brain for the past few days.

Judging by the novel's account, Yin Hanjiang really did act according to his words.

Yin Hanjiang was Abusive Romance: You are the Unchanging One in My Heart's love interest number four, trusted subordinate to number two Wenren È. He was habitually silent and reserved, faithfully protected Baili Qingmiao, and tended to her every need. When Wenren È couldn't watch over Baili Qingmiao himself, he would send Yin Hanjiang to guard her. Yin Hanjiang took blows for her, got poisoned for her, got injured for her, and nearly lost his life, all without a word of complaint. He never even confessed to her. The most revealing words he'd ever expressed was when, while the two of them were facing danger, Baili Qingmiao told him to escape first. He replied in a hoarse voice, "Either we both survive, or I die to protect you."

What girl could resist such devoted, honest, and heartfelt words? In the earlier parts of the novel, Yin Hanjiang's popularity exceeded Wenren È's at some point. Even Baili Qingmiao, still crazy for Hè Wenzhao, once told Yin Hanjiang in tears that she couldn't repay her debt to him if she spent her life trying.

All the readers, including Wenren È, thought Yin Hanjiang was deeply in love with Baili Qingmiao, but after Wenren È died for her, Yin Hanjiang...

Wenren È thought back to the storyline he had reread four or five times. He asked Yin Hanjiang, "While this Venerable is here, you certainly are wholeheartedly loyal. But what if, someday, this Venerable is no longer here?"

Listening to Wenren È's words, a shudder ran through Yin Hanjiang's body, and the arm propping him up trembled slightly. It seemed as if he could hardly endure even thinking about the possibility of Wenren È's death. He didn't want to imagine, but Wenren È had asked the question, so he forced himself to consider it. In a few moments, a cold sweat had broken out on his forehead and it seemed he was at his limit.

After a long while, he forced an answer out through gritted teeth. "This subordinate will die before the Venerable."

Wenren È absently wiped away the sweat on Yin Hanjiang's forehead with a brush of his sleeve. His actions were warm, but his words were uncaring. "What if this Venerable had unfinished business, and didn't allow you to die?"

Yin Hanjiang's pupils trembled, and he switched to kneeling with both knees, pressing both hands against the ground, lowering his head deeply. "This subordinate doesn't know."

He didn't know, but Wenren È did.

In the book, Wenren È ordered Yin Hanjiang to protect Baili Qingmiao before he died, thinking that Yin Hanjiang also liked Baili Qingmiao, and would certainly protect her just as he himself intended. And Yin Hanjiang indeed carried out his order, never leaving Baili Qingmiao's side.

But at the same time, a man in a ghost mask inexplicably appeared in the story. He seemed to be inescapable, using every method he could think of to harm Baili Qingmiao. After Baili Qingmiao was injured, he sprinkled bone-melting powder on her wounds. After Baili Qingmiao passed out, he threw her into the Thousand Snake Pit. When Baili Qingmiao was alone, he hung up a cauldron and tried to refine her into lamp oil. With each of his appearances, he became more and more depraved.