This Venerable Permits You

Wenren È walked around to Yin Hanjiang's front. Yin Hanjiang's face was flushed, a handkerchief clutched in one hand. A jar of wine was set beside him, with the empty wine cup in his other hand and Wenren È's robe in his lap.

"Sect Leader Yin, is your alcohol tolerance low?" Wenren È asked.

If a cultivator didn't want to get drunk, they could use their spiritual essence to expel the alcohol. If one was drunk, either they hadn't expelled the alcohol, or they were drinking spiritual wine.

Wenren È sniffed the wine jar. It was the spiritual wine he usually drank, made from the spiritual fruits growing in the back mountains. It couldn't be considered particularly good wine and wasn't strong enough to get drunk on.

Yin Hanjiang's eyes were hazy, half his red robe having slipped off. He lazily raised his eyes to look at Wenren È, then poured himself another cup of wine and gulped it down. "Haven't you switched to calling me Hanjiang by now? How come it's back to Sect Leader Yin?"

"Hanjiang?" Wenren È repeated.

He had never seen Yin Hanjiang like this before. The Sect Leader Yin he remembered dressed in all black and was silent as a shadow. Though Wenren È knew he was good-looking, ordinarily, he was so reserved he was easy to overlook.

This Yin Hanjiang dressed in scarlet, his hair loose and fluttering in the breeze, a vicious spark in his eyes. Were he in a crowd, his figure would instantly draw one's sight.

From what Wenren È remembered, Yin Hanjiang typically never drank, only secretly stealing a sip when Wenren È wasn't looking. Wenren È never imagined he'd see him throwing back one cup after another.

"This jar and cup..." Wenren È raised an eyebrow, faintly remembering that these were the ones he had given him, after catching him drinking wine.

"The Venerable has drank from them." The corner of Yin Hanjiang's lips, pressed against the edge of the empty cup, showed a slight smile.

An odd feeling rose in Wenren È's heart. He looked at the unfamiliar Yin Hanjiang before him, so eye-catching compared to his previous self.

"This Venerable assumed you didn't like wine." Wenren È also sat down on Yin Hanjiang's left side. Things hadn't developed the way he had expected, but he didn't mind chatting with Yin Hanjiang for a bit.

"Right, I don't like wine." Yin Hanjiang looked toward his right and raised his cup toward empty air. "I like the wine that my Venerable has tasted. After he's taken a sip, I'm willing to drink it."

Wenren È: ?

Only now did he realize that every time Yin Hanjiang poured a cup, he first tipped it toward the empty air on his right side, spilling a drop, as if feeding it to someone.

After offering it to empty air, he then turned the cup, placing the side that had faced the air against his lips and slowly enjoying the wine.

"Sect Leader Yin, who are you giving the wine to?" Wenren È sensed something was wrong.

"What, do you want some too?" Yin Hanjiang looked toward Wenren È with hazy eyes. He lifted the wine jar, giving it a shake. "Too bad there's no more."

He held the jar in his arms, wiping away nonexistent dust with his sleeves. Pressing its cold surface against his cheek, he blissfully closed his eyes. "My Venerable gave me this jar and cup, that he drank from."

He raised the handkerchief clenched in one hand. "This is the handkerchief my Venerable once used to wipe his hands. It had Protector Shu's blood on it, but I washed it clean and kept it."