Side by Side

Good thing Wenren È hadn't used the divine blood to become solid and was lying on the robe with his primordial chaos body, otherwise Yin Hanjiang's yank would've left them both speechless.

In truth, it would've been easy to let Yin Hanjiang know he was real. He just had to call over Zhongli Qian, Shu Yanyan, Qiu Congxue, and so on. Anyone could prove his existence, but could he really do that?

Yin Hanjiang was a reserved person, having always hidden his own nature, putting on the mask and cutting loose only when he could no longer bear it. From the revisions of Abusive Romance, he could see that Yin Hanjiang had never let his current state, beset by inner demons, slip before Zhongli Qian or Baili Qingmiao. Aside from trying to kill Baili Qingmiao, he hadn't revealed anything else.

Even though his thoughts were confused, he still remained unperturbed in front of other people, not showing any weaknesses. If that kind of person had everyone around him telling him, what you're seeing is not an inner demon, how would he react? Would he gladly accept it, or fall apart completely?

Wenren È wasn't willing to bet, unable to accept such an outcome.

If when he had first returned to the sect, he had directly entered the Main Hall and announced his return to everyone, so that it was known to all at the same time, Yin Hanjiang probably would've accepted it. But if he had done so, then Yin Hanjiang would've continued to hide his heart. Inner demons that were affecting his mind so severely wouldn't just vanish because Wenren È was alive, and someday, suppressing his true nature would destroy Yin Hanjiang.

This way was still good. At least he could secretly observe Yin Hanjiang, and understand his most loyal subordinate, the man he trusted most in the world, so he could slowly resolve his inner demons.

Wenren È was always direct and had crushed all his problems with force in the past, so he had never felt helpless like this before. It felt as though he was using strength enough to lift a mountain, to pick up a needle and embroider a flower.

His forehead was dripping with sweat, his fingers trembling, terrified of damaging that flower covered with thorns.

After Yin Hanjiang got up, he didn't spare another glance for Wenren È. There were countless Wenren È's in his sight, all speaking to him, so he habitually ignored them. When he was alone, he would answer whichever one he wanted, but in front of other people, he needed to be the Sect Leader with the power to crush the righteous sects.

Having sobered up, he used a spell to clear the scent of alcohol from his body, and sat businesslike in front of the desk, sending out several message talismans.

The first was to Zhongli Qian: "Altar Master Zhongli, after you fix up Protector Qiu, immediately give me a plan to eliminate the eight righteous experts and Hè Wenzhao. If you don't have a satisfactory solution before my patience runs out, I'll act my own way."

The second was to Shu Yanyan: "Protector Shu, you've had contact with Hè Wenzhao. His weakness is women, so hurry up and come up with a way with Baili Qingmiao to lure him out and make him sell out the Blood Demon."

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

The third was for Wenren È. Yin Hanjiang only wrote it, without sending it.

It had only one line. "I've asked Sir Zhongli to be the Main Hall Master. All is well in Xuanyuan Sect, so the Venerable may meditate in peace."

After completing it, Yin Hanjiang held it in his hand, but didn't ignite it. To send a message talisman, one needed to know the location of the recipient, and alert their spiritual consciousness so that they could accept it. There was no way to send this talisman to Wenren È.