Crane-Haired Wanderer

Wenren È had sealed his sense of smell, and did his best to not look at Yin Hanjiang.

In the last thirty years, he had not only failed to find a method to restore his body, but his desire for blood had grown over time.

While he was cultivating, he had awakened to how to use the blood art on his own. One just needed to use the blood mist that composed their body to envelop the target and dissolve them, then direct the blood to flow into the patterns engraved on one's soul. After circulating it through the body thirty-six times, the victim would be completely absorbed without a trace, and the entirety of their spiritual essence preserved.

A Mahayana cultivator, even if they had unparalleled aptitudes and boundless opportunities, would've taken at least a century to cultivate to that stage. Yet a blood cultivator could gain that power in just three days.

If someone practiced the blood art from Foundation Establishment and managed to consume enough cultivators, then before the year was out, they could become a Great Golden Immortal. In a decade, they could surpass the immortal realm and ascend to godhood.

Wenren È had said before that the "demon" in "demonic path" was distinct from true demons. What was truly a demon? If there was a single demon in a world, then all life within it would go extinct and the land would become barren. That was a demon.

In the myriad ways of cultivation, countless worlds had developed countless demons. During primordial times, the gods worked together to seal 180 thousand demonic gods. After sustaining losses that more than halved their numbers, they sealed them within the demonic realm, only connected to other worlds via the Blood Hell. No one could enter the Blood Hell and return.

Following Wenren È's command, Yin Hanjiang left to verify Xuanyuan Sect's roster with Altar Master Yuan. Wenren È and Yin Hanjiang usually didn't pay attention to these unimportant masters and left managing personnel to the rather more shrewd Altar Master Yuan. Yin Hanjiang would need his help to find Cen Zhengqi.

After he left, Wenren È slowly turned around.

In these thirty years, he had hoped Yin Hanjiang would reach Mahayana and let go of attachments to the self and others, so he wouldn't lose his mind if Wenren È died. That way, Wenren È could enter the Blood Hell without concern.

In the first volume of God of Annihilation, Hè Wenzhao plotted with the Blood Demon Elder and Cen Zhengqi. Together, they lured Wenren È to the Blood Hell with the news that Baili Qingmiao was in danger, and after a round of fighting, managed to knock him into the sea of blood.

It seemed some things were predestined. Wenren È was meant to enter the Blood Hell, and the Blood Hell was meant to be his grave.

He had avoided his destiny to be saved by Baili Qingmiao in the Great Sect War, and Baili Qingmiao had let go of Hè Wenzhao with the help of Zhongli Qian. Wenren È thought that after he had accomplished so much, fate would've been diverted a little. But he had made no progress in thirty years. It seemed he had no choice but to enter the Blood Hell.

Then was Yin Hanjiang's madness predetermined too?

No, it couldn't be. Wenren È looked down at his remaining hand and clenched his fist.

Polis would not fall, and Alkaid would not go mad. He would only allow Alkaid to fall with him. He had already told Yin Hanjiang he could accompany him after he died.

He had already prepared for the worst. Now he just needed to resolve some other problems before he left for the Blood Hell.

When he obtained God of Annihilation thirty years ago, he hadn't paid much mind to the demonic sect traitor, Cen Zhengqi. He couldn't remember this name no matter how much he thought. Xuanyuan Sect was big, with each of the Altar Masters and Protectors managing their own territory. Wenren È didn't even know Shu Yanyan had a subordinate named Helian, so how would he remember a Cen Zhengqi?