Ill-Fated Love

Even when he knew he was looking at an illusion, Yin Hanjiang couldn't strike Wenren È. Even though he knew he would die soon, Yin Hanjiang still didn't wish to be unable to see Wenren È, even if he knew it was all false.

Inner demons were a trial because those who were trapped by them didn't want to escape.

When reading Abusive Romance, Wenren È's attention had been on Baili Qingmiao, unable to understand why she was willing to offer up her heart for Hè Wenzhao to stomp on.

Yet at this moment, when Yin Hanjiang offered him his own beating heart, the one Wenren È didn't understand was Hè Wenzhao. Faced with this bared heart, how could Hè Wenzhao betray her, hurt her, and make countless demands of her in the name of love? The only reason that he could hurt Baili Qingmiao was Baili Qingmiao's love for him.

Now, such a heart was placed before Wenren È.

Wenren È brought out the divine blood, gripping it tightly in his hand. Disregarding how he wasn't dressed, he grabbed Yin Hanjiang's hand and pressed it to his face.

The invisible barrier that Yin Hanjiang had never been able to cross had been broken by Wenren È.

The last step was up to him.

Wenren È had seen what Yin Hanjiang was like when he wasn't there. He had been dazzling, impossible to look away from, so much more eye-catching than he had been at Wenren È's side. Wenren È had also seen Yin Hanjiang's heart. He knew these feelings weren't a momentary impulse, but a longing held for a hundred years, which had grown too deep to let go of.

As for Wenren È's feelings, whether Wenren È could accept Yin Hanjiang like this, whether he could answer such deep emotions, the answer was already obvious.

When Yin Hanjiang kissed him and he didn't refuse; when Wenren È was happy to watch in secret and allow Yin Hanjiang to command Xuanyuan Sect; when he had been determined to enter the Blood Hell, yet worried about Yin Hanjiang's mind; when he wanted to give everything good he came across to Yin Hanjiang; when he had first read Abusive Romance, and been unable to accept Yin Hanjiang's madness, the seeds of those feelings had already been planted in his heart, and blossomed.

Yin Hanjiang was special, and had been from the start. Even back when Wenren È walked past a mass grave and a tiny hand grabbed the hem of his robes, Yin Hanjiang had entered his heart.

Wenren È gripped Yin Hanjiang's hand, placing a gentle kiss on the palm where it had touched his face. "Yin Hanjiang, this Venerable permits you to love him. Sect Leader Yin, will you permit me to love you?"

Yet he didn't know that in Yin Hanjiang's eyes, there were countless Wenren È's explaining themselves to him, and among them, the real Wenren È looked especially false.

Wenren È assumed that Yin Hanjiang's inner demons arose from his death and Yin Hanjiang's longing, and if he revealed his identity, they would be powerless. He didn't know what the scene in Yin Hanjiang's eyes looked like and how hollow his actions seemed—compared to Wenren È having survived, it seemed more likely that Yin Hanjiang had fallen further into the inner demons' clutches, so that, on top of his sight and hearing, even his sense of touch could not be trusted.

"No, no, no! It's not possible!" Yin Hanjiang wanted to pull his hand away. He shook his head. "You can't be the Venerable. You're just an inner demon."

The words of the Burning Sky Immortal in the second volume of God of Annihilation were far more convincing than the man before him. Yin Hanjiang cocked his head, his eyes dull, appearing completely abnormal as he spoke. "It was what my future self said, in the second volume of the books that the Venerable said recorded fate itself. He said the Venerable is dead, and there's no way he could love me either, because the one he loves is..."