5

Two Months Ago...

Ever since Lisa was dropped on an uninhabited hill, she walked for half a month before she finally saw signs of civilization.

She was extremely excited; she turned on the recording function as she ran towards the village.

There was a small stream outside of the village, slow and clear.

Lisa had not found any places to wash up for half a month; her eyes lit up once she saw the small stream, then she walked quickly to it. 

She washed her face thoroughly first, then she sat on a stone by the stream to take off her shoes and socks. She rolled up her pants next to soak her feet in the stream.

Ancient boots couldn't compare to modern shoes after all. 

Lisa had callouses all over her soles after walking on uneven dirt paths for over ten days. Being able to have a good soak now was such a blessing.

A few housewives came with basins in their arms at that moment, but they stopped walking once they saw Lisa.

Lisa stood up in the stream, then she gave a courtesy with her hands towards that group of housewives. 

She followed the ancient way of speaking that she had learned in the island, "Every auntie, may I ask where this place is?"

Lisa had not actually activated the disguise function. 

The group of housewives studied Lisa up and down. 

She did not seem to be a man because of the bump on her chest, but she was wearing a peculiar male outfit. 

She was also boldly washing her feet in the stream, so they weren't quite sure what to think.

A housewife who was bolder than the rest stood out to ask, "This is Port village. Where are you from, young master? Did you come to visit relatives or friends?"

Lisa smiled, then she raised her chest a little, "I'm a woman."

Three simple words threw this group of housewives into chaos; they gasped out loud, then they huddled together to whisper this and that. They escaped like the wind before Lisa could say anything else.

Lisa rubbed her nose, then she took a look at her own reflection in perplexion.

Though, Lisa did feel a lot more assured when she saw those housewives' ancient outfits, and she could understand what they said too. 

She sat back down on the stone to soak her feet for a while more, then she started to put on her shoes.

A crowd rushed out from the village at that moment. They were a bunch of angry looking men.

They came towards Lisa. 

Seeing that she was actually putting her shoes on, they burst into shouts at once.

"How indecent, how indecent!"

"In broad daylight! Just whose daughter is so shameless as to wear the clothes of men and expose her body?"

"Seize her and take her to the village chief!"

Someone shouted, then that group of men charged together.

Lisa was no idler after going through a year of demonic training; she dodged the men easily.

"What are you all doing? Why are you seizing me?"

Seeing how swift and agile Lisa was, and how she could face a crowd of men frankly, even to question them, an elder found that she did not behave like a woman at all.