57

Lisa had been waiting for Jennie for a long time.

She was so anxious that she started to pace around the study when she still had not returned.

On the other side, the servants of the estate did not actually know how Jennie actually was, hence they thought that something serious had happened.

Rose deliberated it over, then she ran to the study.

She reported outside of the study, "Young master, something bad has happened!"

Lisa's scalp turned numb, and her heart beat out of pace too.

She opened the study's door quickly, then she pulled Rose in right away, "What happened?"

"Earlier, the lady fainted in the front hall. The house servants carried her back to the bedroom, and Ava has already gone to call Physician Jill!"

"What did you say?"

Rose simply saw a blur and felt wind by her ears. 

Lisa shot past her like an arrow that flew towards the bedroom.

Rose's eyes turned wide as she watched Lisa's back. 

She had never seen someone who could run that fast before!

Lisa's mind had gone blank. 

She had already lost her ability to think. 

All of her thoughts were focused on one point, which was that she had to see Jennie immediately.

Lisa ran to the bedroom in one go.

She barged through the bedroom doors directly, startling the servant girls inside.

Even Physician Jill who was presently reading Jennie's pulse shuddered and turned to look at her in shock.

There was a herbal scent all over the room. 

Lisa ignored everything around her as she headed directly to Jennie's bedside.

Seeing Jennie's ghastly-pale face and tightly shut eyes, lying so still on the bed, Lisa felt as if an iron hammer had pounded her heart. It throbbed in pain.

The lectures that the professors on the island gave her flashed in her mind.

In ancient times, due to a lack of water purification technology, humans caught infectious diseases very easily. 

Additionally, there were no means of verification. 

The lag in medical treatment resulted in a very low average lifespan.

"Nini?"

Seeing Lisa's messy hair and reddish eyes like a trapped animal, physician Jill was rather startled. 

She couldn't help but let out the space that was supposed to be hers just like that.

Lisa sat down by the bed.

She called Jennie once, but the latter did not react at all.

Lisa's heart was tugged; she concluded that something must have happened earlier that provoked Jennie, and the one behind it must be Victor.

Lisa's eyes reddened thoroughly; she wished she could just drag Victor here and beat the daylights out of him.

She felt Jennie's forehead which had a normal temperature, then she called again, "Nini?"

"It's me, how are you? How did you get sick all of a sudden? Look at me, can you hear my voice?"

Jennie's heart seized at the sound of Lisa's voice.