32

Inside the main hall.

Eddard was the only person sitting at the master seat. 

This was very unusual, because Ruby had never been absent from the morning greeting. 

It was Eddard who was occasionally absent.

Lisa keenly sensed something off too; she took a subconscious look at Jennie who looked the same as usual.

The two of them came towards Eddard, then they kneeled on the knee cushions, "Giving respects to father."

"Mm. Get up then, have a seat."

"Thanks to father."

As a modern person, Lisa didn't like to kneel for no good reason, but greeting at dawn and dusk was one of the Stark's rules.

Additionally, Eddard looked a lot like Lisa's father, so she could imagine the two seniors as her own parents whenever she had to kowtow. 

Like that, she wouldn't feel as averse to it anymore.

So much time had passed already; Lisa's mental state was evidently changing too.

From the initial objection towards it, to thinking of ways to cope with it, it had ultimately led to some considerations Lisa had about the concept of 'filial piety'.    

Lisa had always felt that cultural identity was a feeling that preceded regional identity.

Traditional culture was the root of one people; if this root was nibbled away one day... 

Where will the people find their cohesive strength?

"Husband?"

Hearing Jennie's gentle call, Lisa snapped back to her senses.

She gazed towards Jennie, seeing the faint worry in those profound eyes. Of course, Lisa knew that these were just her personal opinions. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

"What's the matter?"

"Father is calling you. What were you thinking about?" Jennie asked.

"Sorry, I just thought about something and got distracted for a moment."

Lisa hid her messy thoughts back in the bottom of her heart, then she got up to give a proper bow towards Eddard, "May father forgive."

"Sit then."

"Understood."

"Have you gotten used to living here? Are you fine with the food and things?"

"It's great, the people here are all very attentive. Thank you father for your concern."

"Mm."

Eddard continued to ask, "I heard that you still don't have a personal servant yet. Is that right?"

"Yes. Rose and Alison were the ones who took care of me daily, they're pretty great."

"That's outrageous. Jennie has trouble paying attention to everything since she is in charge of such a vast family business, so your mother is the one to manage things in the household, but she has gotten on in years. She can forget a thing or two. You can't not have a capable person by your side. Let's see... Jerry is quick and efficient, and he's a reliable person too. I'll just assign him as your personal house servant then. As for a servant girl..."

"Father." Jennie called, receiving the topic.

"Mm? Do you have a suitable choice of person?"

"Yes. This daughter finds that Rose is a good choice, just assign her to husband's side as a first-class servant girl then."