52

LISA

"Alright, that's all."

"Alrighty!"

The store clerk went through all of the dishes again, then he left once he was sure that there was no mistake.

Jackson couldn't wait to ask, "Why are you so indifferent today?"

I raised an eyebrow, then pretended to be profound as I said, "Times have changed, all of the expenses today shall be afforded by young master Manoban."

"Tsk, that's no fun." He shook his head, then he raised his cup of water for a sip.

He asked, "Seriously, when did you let go?"

I scooted forwards a little, then said to him, "Later... I'll treat you to a trip to the Pink Inn, how about it?"

His expression stiffened once he heard the words 'Pink Inn'.

He put away his smile, sat up straighter, then he said after a moment of silence, "There's no point in going to an upsetting place of that sort."

Those words amused me.

He was pretty adorable when he got chuuni.

I asked seriously, "I have no intention to offend, but I want to hear a word of truth from you. Have you truly let Miss Kristen go?"

"Does it matter? Even if I have waned, I am still a mature man. How could I allow... others to humiliate me like this?!"

"She isn't that young anymore, right? Have you ever considered that someone might redeem her and make her their concubine?"

His throat stuck for a moment, then he fell silent.

"Kristen, she... became a courtesan of the Pink Inn two years ago. She is already in her twenties." He looked somewhat out of sorts.

"I can redeem her from the Pink Inn, but I can't pair her with you directly, nor can I give her to you. I will find a residence for her to settle in, then you can discuss with her. You can visit her once you receive her permission. Whether you can ultimately form a marriage or not in the end depends on you. I won't force people to do things against their wishes; she has to consent if she's going to marry you."

He seemed to be thinking something as he looked at me.

"Lis, where is your hometown?"

"A little place in the northeast, it's not well known. What's the matter?"

"Nothing much."

"I won't force you for this either, you can think about it properly yourself. As long as you're willing, we can redeem her from the Pink Inn at any time."

The dishes and wine were served, so I ended this topic.

"I want to redeem Kristen from the Pink Inn tonight!" 

I thought that he would take a few days to consider it, but unexpectedly, he suddenly said in the middle of the meal.

My eyes lit up, then I slapped the table, "What a sport!"

***

Pink INN

One of them recognized us, so he walked up to us with all smiles, "Young master Manoban, young master Baratheon, it's been a long while. The ladies upstairs miss the two young masters terribly much; they can't swallow their food, they've all become thin. The two young masters have come early today, what luck for the ladies."