40

Noticing the damp towel in Jennie's hand, Lisa could guess what she had intended to do.

She sighed in her heart; her grudge towards Jennie had pretty much disappeared completely now.

Lisa took the towel from Jennie's hand, then she got up to wash it again.

She came back to the bedside, then she wiped away the mud on Jennie's forehead gently.

She had also specially shown the towel to Jennie, as if she was saying: 'see here, I'm not taking advantage of you.'

Jennie pressed her lips together as she considered how she should start.

Lisa asked, "Did you fall down on the way? Be honest."

"Mm. I wasn't expecting the mountain path to be so slippery. It clearly looked dry, but it slid once I stepped on it. That's how I accidentally fell down and twisted my ankle."

"Why did you come down when you know that the path is slippery? I'll get up there again tomorrow."

"I didn't see you at the dining hall for breakfast today. I asked the servant girls, but none of them have received a message from you. I was worried, uhm... I thought that you might be sick, so I came down for a look. Coincidentally, the offered fruits in front of the Goddess of the Blue Dawn had to be changed today, so mother tasked me to come and deliver a few for you, to let you have a taste."

"Eh? No one told you? I asked a servant girl to deliver a word for me this morning. I asked her to tell you that I'm feeling unwell today, and that I'll rest in the small courtyard for today and get up the mountain tomorrow instead. I also wanted to ask you to notify mom for me with deliberation. You didn't receive it?"

Jennie shook her head, but she comprehended how this had happened right away.

Lisa couldn't have lied.

Since Lisa had clearly tasked someone to deliver her word, but she had not received it, then the problem was either in that servant girl or Alison.

It was evidently not very possible that the former would dare to do so.

No matter how it's said, Lisa was the her husband after all.

Even if that servant girl was given ten thousand more guts, she still wouldn't dare to do so.

Then Alison was the only possibility left.

Who else would have the guts to do such a thing?

Jennie's fine brows knitted slightly.

She was not as happy-go-lucky as Lisa, and she understood Alison too.

She had caught glimpses of the strange way that Alison looked at Lisa a few times before, but she felt that some things shouldn't be disclosed.

If it became public, it wouldn't be good for Lisa's reputation either.

Hence she decided to just close one eye to it, but she had not expected that Alison would actually dare to neglect something so important.

This time, she definitely couldn't pretend that nothing had happened anymore.

One of the family rules said: the master's order must be executed once given, and executed without fail.

Jennie narrowed her eyes. Although this matter wasn't a major one, it absolutely couldn't be left unchecked.

It was just a small case this time, and Alison was not the one who caused her to fall down, but what about the future?

What if something big happened to Lisa while she was outside, and Alison decided to slack off when Lisa tasked someone to deliver a message that asked for her help?