53

"Lord Baratheon bids one thousand five hundred liangs!"

A sea of gasps came from downstairs.

More than a few people here recognized Jackson, and there are people who recognized Lisa too.

They knew that one of them had origins, while the other had silver, but no one had expected that they would raise the bid by five percent right away.

Looks like tonight's auction might be a spectacular one.

The crowd cast their gazes towards Lord Snow. 

The latter put down his tea cup, then he turned to give a price to the turtle worker next to him.

The latter was evidently taken aback; he bent down to confirm it.

Once he received a sure answer, he walked up quickly to the railing, then he shouted with a tremble to his voice, "Lord Snow bids five thousand liangs of silver!"

The  atmosphere boiled over completely.

Even the ladies along the corridors were stunned by his spirit; many strange affairs had happened in this brothel before, and this was not their first auction either, but...

They've never seen such generous spending before.

Most bidders would slowly build up with a hundred liangs, and the highest bid was no more than two or three thousand liangs. 

This was just the first round, but it had already broken the brothel's record!

No one knew how high this auction would rise just yet, but it was most likely nothing they had ever seen before.

"Lisa!" Jackson called.

Hearing Jackson's call, Lisa retrieved her gaze from 'lord Snow'.

She said, "Keep adding."

"How much?" Jackson asked.

Lisa gave a mean laugh, "One liang."

"One liang?!" Jackson was shocked.

Lisa patted Jackson's arm as she assured him, "The base price of five thousand liangs probably won't disgrace Miss Kristen. Do you have a grudge with silver?"

Jackson considered for a while, then he felt that what Lisa said made sense too. 

And so, he gave the turtle worker his price.

The turtle worker's eyes widened, then he asked in return, "One liang? My Lord, did this one hear correctly?"

"Correct, that's five thousand and one liangs. Just go and report it."

"Understood."

The turtle worker went to the railing, then he shouted at the top of his voice, "Lord Baratheon bids five thousand and one liangs of silver!"

Lisa curved the corners of her lips. 

She flicked her folding fan open to hide her smile of success, because she could see the slight change in Lord Snow's expression through her VCR.

The customers downstairs also started to discuss animatedly among themselves like a boiling wok of oil.

But with five thousand liangs as a base price, no one would really call an addition of just one or two liangs into question.

It's just that they have not seen Lisa's unique way of bidding before, so they were just a little surprised.

After a brief silence, the next bid came from the opposite side.