55

The study's door was pushed open.

The servant girl gave her salutations, then she said, "Miss, the lady invites you in."

Kristen raised her chin slightly, then she lifted the hem of her dress to step into the study.

The servant girls closed the study's door from the outside.

I looked directly at her with the same expression as always as I said mildly, "Please sit."

She wore a fiery-red dress, and her delicate shoulders could be vaguely seen through the light mesh.

What kind of lady would dress like that?

And walk alone on the streets?

This was truly unheard of.

It was just shocking.

Seeing that she was just standing still, I said quietly, "Please sit. We are the only ones in this room, there is no need to be reserved."

After another long silence, she finally moved, but it was a gesture as bold and striking as her fiery-red outfit.

She raised her hand to her ear, picking up an end of her veil with her fingers.

She took down her fiery-red veil.

My brows knitted slightly as I looked at her in puzzlement, though it meant that I had to observe this legendary courtesan too.

She has a different beauty and aura compared to other noble women, but she could definitely live up to the name of a 'courtesan'.

At that thought, I felt something indescribable.

Does Lisa seen this lady's full face before...?

A trace of surprise brushed my eyes in the next second, because I saw the glistening in her eyes that were about to drop at any moment.

She pressed her lips together, revealing a look of stubborn strength.

She raised her chin slightly as she seemed to not want her tears to drop.

I was confident that I had read many kinds of people before, but the woman before me was like Lisa...

Their words and actions surpassed my expectations, and they felt inexplicably similar.

She had come alone in splendid attire, and she took down her veil in front of a stranger.

To have ignored the code of ethics entirely; she must be an extremely bold woman.

But why the teary eyes?

Such a delicate state did not fit her striking red outfit at all.

I was still pondering when Kristen curved the corners of her lips.

She laughed soundlessly for a while, then she put on her veil again.

She wiped the moisture from the corners of her eyes with her wide sleeve while she was at it too.

She came to her seat, then she sat down in front of me, "I'm Kristen Swan, how may I address you?" She said softly.

I studied her.

Her expression was normal, and the shine in her eyes had disappeared too.

It was as if what I had just seen was nothing but an illusion.

My expression did not change as I answered calmly and politely, "Miss Swan may just call me lady Stark."

"So it is the famous young lady Stark, pardon me for not recognizing you."