51

"Why didn't you call me if you're accounting? I'm faster at calculating." Lisa said.

Jennie returned to her senses. 

She pushed her worry to the bottom of her heart, then she smiled, "It was just two books, does it matter who works on it? It doesn't take that much effort anyways."

Jennie took off her shoes, then she got on the bed, "It's late, go to sleep. You'll be busy tomorrow, rest and build up your energy."

Lisa felt utterly stressed; judging from that sentence, it seemed that Jennie might not have cooled down yet?

Lisa felt her way towards Jennie in the dark. Once she touched a piece of cloth, she tugged it a little, "Nini."

"Mm."

"I still want to give an explanation for something."

"There's no need for that. I said it before, I trust you."

"But I want to say it!" Lisa held the end of Jennie's sleeve a little tighter.

"Alright, say it."

Lisa sat on her shins next to Jennie, then she scooted a little closer. 

The two of them were close enough to sense each other's body temperature and hear each other's breathing.

It turned out that so much time had already passed before she knew it.

Lisa still remembered how unaccustomed she was to the high temperatures of the summer here; when she first came to this world, she couldn't sleep through the night at one point.

Suddenly, the climate of the city had turned cold just like that. 

Although there were still lush greens outside, the mornings and nights were already chilly.

Lisa said in a volume that only the two of them could hear, "Nini, I don't have much time left..."

Jennie's heart seized. 

She realized belatedly that: this was already the third time that she said something like that.

Lisa had clearly guaranteed that she would provide for Joey's family until his son reached maturity.

At that moment during the trial, Jennie had felt that even if Lisa would not 'extend the contract', she would go too far away from Winterfell once the contract ends.

However, she still said something like that, something that made her inexplicably anxious yet undecipherable despite her greatest efforts.  

Lisa continued, "I want to preserve the Stark before I leave, so that it is safe for the rest of your life at least. As for the too distant future, I can't make any guarantees because my abilities are limited. I... haven't really slept well for the past few days. I would think about this problem whenever I have time. I've come up with a general plan now, and I want to tell you about it."  

"Alright."

"You know Stark's situation better than I do. Powerful ministers covet from the outside while relatives covet from the inside, and His Majesty's attitude is utterly ambiguous. The status of merchants is too low. Even for such a vast family business as House Stark, a complete turnover could be done in just a day. It's like the hint that cultivator Jisoo gave me. The Stark family has few members; you don't even have a capable and trustworthy sibling. That's why I'm the only one who can be the cover that redirects the flow. I'm known as a man to outsiders, after all, and I have an unsupportable identity as a beggar. Even if I did something absurd, it would decrease the suspicion of others. As they say, employ harsh rules in turbulent times. If the estate wants to save itself in its present situation, we can only take the risks as we go."