9

"This is the place?"

"Yes, young master, we have sent out people out to search according to your instructions last time. Hard work always pays off; I found him at the east street today. We remembered your instructions, so we did not dare to disturb him. I had only followed that beggar from afar until he entered this inn, that's when he returned to the estate to report it at once. Jin had confirmed it with the store clerk earlier, that beggar had indeed booked a room in this inn."

Jackson clapped his folding fan shut; it was scripted with that very same famous quote Lisa shouted last time.

"Good. You may claim your reward at the account room once you're back in the estate."

"Thank you young master!"

Jackson was wearing a white jade crown today, though it was not decorated with ribbons. He was dressed in moon-white robes, which was patterned with embroidered clouds at his chest. He wore a pair of dust-proof shoes, the complete appearance of a refined young lord.

The manager welcomed him once he entered the inn.

He came towards Jackson, then he bowed with a smile, "Young master, please come this way."

Jackson smiled slightly.

He reversed his grip on the folded fan to give the manager a courtesy with his hands, "I heard from my house servant that a beggar has booked a room in the esteemed inn today? Where is he now?"

"Yes indeed, he is staying in the second plain room, this one will take you there right now."

"Many thanks."

The store clerk walked behind Jackson somewhat uneasily.

Seeing Jackson's fine clothes, his display of splendour, and how he had specially come to look for Lisa, the store clerk could deduce that Lisa might not be an ordinary person.

But when Lisa was booking a room earlier, the store clerk had lied that the premium rooms were full out of consideration for Lisa's 'face'.

He hadn't even offered Lisa a better room, hence he was worried that he had offended her.

***

Inside Lisa's room

Lisa had just changed into clean clothes after the bath. 

She put on a pair of new shoes from her inventory, then she heard the sound of knocking while she was drying her hair with a towel.

Lisa swiftly chucked both of her towels into the inventory, turned on her mimic skin, then she asked, "Who is it?"

"Dear guest, this is the inn manager. Could you open the door for a moment?"

"Hold on, I'm coming."

Everyone outside the room was taken aback once the door opened.

The store clerk rubbed his eyes; it had just been an hour since he last saw her, but he couldn't recognize Lisa anymore.

Lisa had washed away all of the dust on her body, and the mud that she had intentionally smeared on her face was gone too. 

Her true face was revealed.