37

"Can I ask you what you had asked about just now?" Jennie asked Lisa.

Lisa thought for a moment, then she answered, "I asked if I could go home safely."

As expected!

Jennie pressed her lips together. 

Although she hadn't guessed completely right, what Lisa had asked was not that far from what she had thought.

Jennie had thought that Lisa asked 'when can I rebuild my family property' or perhaps 'when can the Manoban family break free from our charges'. 

She had not expected that Lisa would ask that question from this angle instead.

'Go home'; those were such ordinary and simple words, but to Jennie, it felt as heavy as a thousand rocks when she heard it from Lisa's mouth.

'There will always be a home.'

Jennie wanted to tell Lisa. 

Even if she couldn't return to her past home, as long as she was safe and well, there would definitely be a home.

Lisa chuckled, "Human effort is the decisive factor. Something like fate is up to the heavens, but it's also not up to the heavens too. Think about it, even if the old lord in heaven gave someone the fate to make a fortune from scratch, if he lazes on the bed every day and never leaves his home, could he still become wealthy? Something like metaphysics can just be taken for some consideration. I'll believe it if it's auspicious, but if it's inauspicious, that doesn't mean that I should just give up, right?"

Jennie digested Lisa's words carefully, then she smiled, "It's great that you could have such a perspective."

Lisa couldn't really tell Jennie that a lot of people in her era did not believe in stuff like destiny anymore.

A moment later, she asked in a hushed voice, "How are you doing, is it still good? Do you need to change?"

Jennie's face flushed red all at once.

Her fine brows knitted slightly as she shot a soft look at Lisa.

She bit her lip, then she said angrily, "Is that sort of thing something to keep around your mouth all the time? If you mention it again, I won't talk to you anymore."

Lisa curled her lips a little without a word.

The difference between eras appeared between the two of them again.

In Lisa's era, menstruation was no longer a horrifying topic to avoid. Although it wouldn't be discussed in the open either, there was nothing wrong about exchanging some questions and experiences between the same sex.

Lisa knew that Jennie had thin skin, and it was even less possible to talk reason over this problem, so she simply remained silent.

Lisa and Jennie came to the monastery.

Ruby was drinking tea with the other two cultivators.

Lisa knew one of them; she was that great master Diana who had read her fortune from her eight numbers of birth that day.

Diana nodded towards Lisa with a slight smile, then Lisa gave a courtesy towards her too.

Ruby had joy in her brows; she had evidently received a good fortune as that young cultivator had said.

She turned to see that Lisa was helping her daughter walk in, hence she asked, "Jennie, what's wrong?"

"I had accidentally sprained my ankle under the mountain earlier. It can't take any pressure; I can only walk thanks to husband's support."