65

LISA

A number of days sped past once again, and the rituals for the late Crown Prince was reaching its end. 

However, things did not seem to progress as I had expected it to go.

No matter if I waited quietly for easy game in the inn or went out on the streets to refresh her presence, it was still very quiet in the capital city. 

There was no 'movement' at all.

I couldn't help but wonder if my estimations were wrong or if it was a problem with the television dramas I used to watch on earth.

Shouldn't the other Princes be eager to cause trouble after the Crown Prince's death?

Why had no one come to rope in such a rich family like the Stark?

Knocks sounded at the door.

I sprang up right away, then went to open the door quickly.

A travel-worn youth with a face turned red from the cold was standing outside the door.

He rubbed his snot with his sleeve once he saw me, then he greeted, "This one is Leo, greetings to the young master."

"Come in quickly, who sent you here?"

"Answering the young master, the lady ordered this servant to enter the capital on a fast horse."

He took out an envelope as he said that, then he presented it to me on both hands, "This is a handwritten letter from young lady Stark."

"Thank you." I received the envelope. 

Seeing the writing on its cover, something surged in my heart.

"Ah, take a seat!"

"No need, this one will go downstairs for a bite and leave before the city gates close tonight, otherwise this one will be delayed for a day. This one must return as soon as possible."

"Oh, go on then."

"Does the young master have any messages for this one to bring back or letters to return?"

I smacked my forehead, then tore the envelope open and pulled the letter out.

After spending more than half a year in this place, I could now read most of the commonly-used characters even if I hadn't learned every single character in the kingdom yet.

Jennie's elegant writing entered my view...

To husband,

Many days have passed since our last parting, I miss you greatly.

Things are fine within the estate. Father and mother are healthy, there is no need to worry.

It is now midwinter, and the capital city is much colder as it is located in the north.

Please take care of yourself.

Other than that, the end of the year is approaching. The managers in various provinces will visit the estate soon.

I wonder when is your date of return; will you be able to return to the estate in time?

I shall patiently look forward to that date.

Best wishes through the winter.

Your wife,
Lady Stark

Perhaps it was because I was a girl, that I didn't have much of a reaction towards the address of 'husband'.