31

Lisa quickly made her way back down the Pink Inn, then she boarded the horse carriage.

Sitting outside the carriage compartment, Jake asked with one hand on the reins, "Young master, are you seated? This one is going to start the carriage."

"I'm seated, set off then."

"Go!"

Jake pulled the reins, then the horse carriage started to move towards the north.

Sitting inside the carriage compartment, Lisa pressed her hands on her knees as her mind turned rapidly.

She was considering why Jennie would have such a reaction.

She knew about her identity, so she shouldn't have misunderstood anything.

Additionally, they were just married in name. 

They were presently in a state of respective peace and mutual cooperation; mutual non-interference should be her style.

To Lisa, Jennie was someone who had well-defined lines, measures, and who lived well within the rules. 

She was the kind of person who lived inside a box that she drew and would never take a step out of it.

Had she misunderstood it?

But why did I feel as if Jennie was being somewhat 'passive aggressive' through Jake's description?

Was it because I was her husband in name right now? 

And doing this would be detrimental to the Stark's reputation?

Lisa was more certain of it the more she thought. 

After all, with the Stark's status and prestige, it was probably something disgraceful for their son-in-law to visit the brothel.

At that thought, Lisa sighed, then she leaned back as she groaned, "There truly aren't any ways that can satisfy both in this world!"  

Should I clarify to Jennie why I went to look for Jackson? Lisa wasn't really sure...

The horse carriage stopped, then Jake's voice travelled in, "Young master, we're here. Please get down the carriage and walk into the estate."

Lisa opened the carriage door. 

She jumped down the carriage, then she walked towards the estate.

Lisa had a slightly ominous feeling once she stepped through the estate gates, because she saw someone who should not have appeared at this place and this time.

Holding a lantern, Rose bowed towards Lisa, then she said, "Young master, the lady is waiting for you in her study. Please follow this maid."

The corners of Lisa's mouth curved up without her notice. 

The anxiety and confusion earlier seemed to have faded too.

Lisa kind of wanted to laugh; they've interacted for so long, but despite how that person looked so strict and precise, she could still say one thing and mean another in the end.

Lisa rubbed her nose, then she walked quickly to Rose's side, "Let's go, I'll trouble you to lead the way for me."

"Young master is being courteous, this is within this maid's duty."

"Rose, what is your lady doing right now?"

"It's the fifteenth day today. Other than the third, sixth and ninth month each year, the lady must make an inspection tour of the shops within the city on the fifteenth day of the month. She would occasionally bring back a few account books to check through them. The lady is reading account books in the study right now."