59

My heart sank— news of the Crown Prince's passing must have reached Winterfell already.

I walked quicker towards the front hall.

I was shocked once I entered the courtyard, as the front courtyard of the estate was already full of kneeling people.

All of the servants kneeled quietly in the courtyard, and no one dared to raise their heads.

My heart started to beat wildly, and the scene of the estate's punishment flashed in my mind too.

Jennie!

I hurried towards the main hall.

A travel-worn messenger stood in the centre-front position of the hall.

A few guards from the city's government office stood behind him, and each of them wore a strip of white cloth around their heads.

The messenger was holding a bright scroll while the Jennie and her parents were kneeling in front of him.

That person simply swept a mild look at me when I came in; he did not say anything.

I gave that person a courtesy with my hands, then walked to Jennie's side.

I kneeled down with a spread of my robes.

The atmosphere in the hall was very heavy, and dead-quiet. Not even the sound of breathing could be heard.

I turned on the VCR quickly, but I was not doing so to record an imperial decree that I had 'been dreaming for so long'.

I brought up a list instead.

That was a list that the research lab made for me. It was connected to my inventory, and it recorded my inventory status and all of the items it contained right now.

I kept Jennie's folding fan in my chest, then quietly held my own wrist.

I kept my thumb close to the identifier. My inventory would open up once I pressed my thumb on it for a few seconds.

I ran through my list quickly.

I had a few weapons for self-defence in my inventory, but they were all cold weapons. There were also a few bottles of pepper spray...

In just a short moment, I had already planned out the best escape route. I selected one bottle of pepper spray. It was right within reach, and it had the best effect.

Jennie probably couldn't run her way out, but fortunately, she was very light. Once those people take it, I could carry her out of here.

As for father and mother... I would just have to do my best.

Do I have enough time left to send them overseas?

If only earth's technology was a little more advanced. 

My inventory couldn't contain any living bodies.

If I could get them to squeeze in there for a while, what's there to worry about escaping?

***

Time passed bit by bit.

Lisa felt as if a thousand kg was weighing on her head. 

She did not dare to turn her head as she feared that it was a breach of etiquette, which could put the people around her in trouble.