36

The cultivator kneeling outside the mountain gate collapsed on the ground before Jennie and Lisa's attention.

Lisa rushed towards the cultivator right away, but that person was already unconscious. 

There was not a single bead of sweat on her brown face, and her lips have paled too. 

She must have fainted from exhaustion.

Lisa laid the cultivator down flat, then she patted her face, "Cultivator, please wake up! Are you alright?"

The latter was utterly unconscious. 

Lisa pinched the acupuncture point under her nose, but it did not have any effect.

Jennie reached them at that moment. 

She recognized the person on the ground at once, "This is cultivator Jisoo, why was she kneeling here?" 

Ruby heard their voices and came over here too.

Once she saw the person on the ground, she also said, "Isn't that cultivator Jisoo? Why has she fainted here? Someone come!"

"Yes, Madam."

"Arrange cultivator Jisoo on the horse carriage right away. Feed her some water, and call physician Jill here too, let her see to her."

"Right away, Madam."

Another servant girl came forward to report, "Madam, the offerings are suitably prepared. The sedans are ready too, we can go up the mountain at any time."

"Mm."

Ruby thought for a moment. 

She felt somewhat troubled, hence she asked Jennie, "It's getting late. We should get up the mountain soon, but it would be unreasonable to leave cultivator Jisoo here alone. What should we do?"

Jennie mused for a moment, then she answered, "Perhaps mother should take the others up the mountain first. This daughter will stay under the mountain with husband to take care of cultivator Jisoo. Physician Jill has already got on the horse carriage. With her medical skills, she should wake up soon. This daughter will have husband's company, mother does not need to worry."

"That's fine, cultivator Jisoo is a great master. She was the one who treated your fever back then too. She has saved your life before, so it is only right for you to stay and take care of her. Lisa..."

"Mom, I'm here."

"Stay and accompany Jennie. The two of you can go up the mountain once cultivator Jisoo wakes up. If she still doesn't have signs of waking up in two hours, you... you'll have to take an extra trip. Send her to the city and give her suitable arrangements there before coming back. This mountain path is hard to travel, it'll be hard not to stumble while carrying a fainted person up there."  

"I've got it, mom."

"Mm. I'll go up the mountain first, then."

"Mom, I'll escort you." Jennie said.

"There's no need to, you should go and accompany cultivator Jisoo in the horse carriage."

"Yes, mother."

Ruby left with the group of servant girls who carried the offerings. 

Four servant girls who did crude work stayed behind to carry Jennie's sedan. 

Rose, Alison and physician Jill remained too.

Once Ruby's group had completely disappeared from Jennie's line of sight, she said to Rose and Alison, "The two of you, go and take care of cultivator Jisoo in the horse carriage. I will have some fresh air with husband over there."