Chapter 2-Knowledge is key

Surreptitiously peering around, you noticed the absence of the people on the once bustling streets. As the cooling breeze of the wind blew past you, causing your long, pink-dyed hair to fly in the direction of the wind, utter silence filled the atmosphere...

 What exactly was going on and how did all those people disappear in merely a minute? A million questions filled your head, and you were craving for the answers like a hungry lion looking for its prey.

This screwed-up situation, however, was not going to get the better of you. The two of you had been living by yourselves for a long amount of time, so you were quite manageable when it came to these kind of situations. Heck, you could even live in a jungle for a month and survive without a single bite or scar.

*Akira, let's split up and gather any information we can and stock up on necessities. In addition to that, look for people.* you instructed him. *We'll meet up outside the hideout at 6pm sharp.* You then proceeded to take a circular disk from your newly made invention and stuck it on his hoodie. You needed to be careful, and have all eyes on him. Using this device, he can also communicate with you from afar and warn you of danger.    

With that, you two set off in your separate ways. The awkward silence was only broken with the sounds of your boots that reached until your calves. Strolling around the area, you had fun wrecking and rampaging the multiple malls that surrounded the vast city of Tokyo. Even though you two were trapped in a quieter and more surreal version of Tokyo, you somehow felt a sensation of being free, like a bird being released from its cage.

Crossing the very famous Shibuya Crossing, you lifted your arms into the sky, letting out a yell of glee, "Woohoo!" You did a backflip, the numerous sheets of paper flying around you. Even if you two were the last humans on earth, there were no laws whatsoever, so you were free to roam around as you pleased and do anything. Drink, drugs, and sex. Anything was possible with a world filled with absolutely nobody. 

Unexpectedly, you found a shop that supposedly sold hearing aids. "Hearing Care Professionals" the big bubble words spelt at the top of the shop. "I suppose I could find something for Akira here, now that stealing has become temporarily legal." 

You could never understand why Akira found it frightening to be alone on the earth's surface. You found it like a warm breeze blown onto your face. You could go literally anywhere, and the world would have peace for once. Well, making kids in order to repopulate the world was also possible, but that was not the main problem at the moment.

 You kicked the glass door open, shattering the glass into millions of pieces on the floor. Walking into the shop, you turned your head left and right and crossed the the rooms of hearing tests, analytics, storage rooms, until you reached a place with a title of 'hearing aids'. You combed the area for hearing aids, until you spotted a pair that was approximately the size of Akira's ear. You instantly grabbed it, along with a few batteries to operate it on the way.

"Akira, you can finally hear again!" You exclaimed to yourself, grinning like a girl who had gotten her dream gift for Christmas. This was one of the first times that you were in a good mood neither because of your inventions nor your successes. 

Finally, some good news other than the fact that you two were possibly the last humans on Earth. At this point, you two would not be surprised if this was an alien invasion and the Gods had chosen you to be the one and only survivor.

Akira's POV:

(Just to let you know this is before Chishiya got taken into the beach)

I slowly walked across the street, remaining alert for any incoming danger. Surprisingly, all the vibrations made from the sounds of objects moving and people chatting were gone. We needed answers immediately. My sister felt free as a bird, but I feel my arms and feet being chained to something, trapping me inside my own mental dilemma.