Chapter 8-Trust

The two of you walked out of the executive's meeting room, one with an exuberant smile, and the other with an indifferent expression. With your new rankings on your wristbands, the two of you were placed at the top ten members already, with your talents recognised rather early.

 Being in the top ten was indeed a decent rank, although they could be testing the both of you to see if you could maintain that rank. However, hatter mentioned that the executive members and the militants will be keeping a close eye on you two to find out more about your specialties.

"Kayami-san. Why didn't you accept to be a militant?" Chishiya asked you, his tall body towering over you. You pursed your lips, unable to find an answer to his query. You just did not feel like taking such a huge responsibility right off the bat. Besides, you needed to get to know more about the Beach, more importantly, the people in it.

"Well, I have to focus more on my brother and, I would not like to be involved with that gang of criminals!" You replied. "Besides, don't you think this is a little too fast-paced?"

"Kayami-san, I don't think you're seeing what a big opportunity this is. You can protect your brother, and rank up at the same time. Plus, you'll have a higher chance of becoming in charge of a large section of the Beach. Think about this," he advised you.

You thought over his words for a short moment, before you realised that all he truly cared about were the cards and his deal with you to form a truce to get to it. 

He had made his plans for you clear, yet simple: become the top member of the beach, and get the cards for the both of you, mostly for him. Getting the cards was mainly his goal, but you were glad to receive his assistance in games and his company. Having a teammate you could trust, temporarily, was exactly what you needed. 

Well, his plans were easier said than done. Being a newbie to a large association like the beach already felt like a huge boulder had been put onto your shoulders. Plus, a nobody like you, becoming the Beach's number 1? When pigs fly. 

The task was close to impossible, but you could tell that Chishiya had hidden plans up his sleeve. All you could do at the moment was go with the flow and trust the process. Being with strong people like Aguni would give you power and protection, but it could also mean that you were closer to dangerous murderers. 

Well, not like you weren't one.

All you needed at the moment, was to get your plans straight with him, and exactly how you were going to over-throne Hatter, or rather, the 9 people who were ranked before you.

"Chishiya, can you meet me at the rooftop at 10pm tonight? Most of the beach should be downstairs partying by then or sleeping. Additionally, the rooftop is an open space where we know that nobody can be spying on us. I would like to have a talk with you, about our plans," you requested. Chishiya agreed, quite interested in what plans you had in mind.

You ran to Akira's room, as the militant's devotees said that he would be waiting for you after they sent him back. The moment you knocked on the door, it swung open and Akira eagerly jumped into your arms. "Sis! I've been waiting for you! What were they talking about?" He inquired. 

"Well, after we will be observed by the executives and the militants during games, we will be executives, and I might be a militant," you answered calmly. Akira's face dropped at the mention of you being a possible member of the militants, and he frowned, his eyebrows furrowing.

 He absolutely loathed them, a man in a black giraffe-spotted designed long-sleeved shirt in particular.

"Why are you putting being a militant into consideration? That's extremely stupid that you would think about being with that guy. What happened to laying low? Or has that new boyfriend of yours brainwashed you? The Yuki I know would turn this down," he protested, clearly feeling displeasured by your decision.