Chapter 4-Let the games begin

On a white screen it read "Game arena—-this way" the arrow pointed to your right. You got on your newly owned red Ferrari. You had stopped by the petrol station to fill it up completely with petrol. Akira gawked at the sight of the expensive car you had. "What're you doing with a crazy expensive car and an abandoned underground hideout as a home?" Chishiya asked.

"Isn't it obvious? I've stolen multiple cars before, so driving isn't much of a challenge for me now that it's not illegal that I'm driving without a driver's license," You replied with a blank face. "Besides, it's best to have a mode of transportation, just in case we're being chased by a wild lion." The two got in the car. Staring the engine, you stomped on the accelerator and sped off.

Turning the steering wheel towards the light, you watched Chishiya from your rear view mirror. Looking ant the view of debris outside the window, he looked nonchalant that he was in a stranger's car. His mysterious white hoodie holding secrets underneath its hood was something you had to investigate. 

"Don't you think it's a bad idea to do this? Shouldn't we stay at home and just wait this thing out?" Akira bit his nails, trying to find any other living thing. 

"We need information right now, so I think this is the best choice. It's not like my life could get any worse, am I wrong? Owww...my neck feels stiff!" You cracked your neck by leaning onto either side. Just at that fateful moment, you heard screams, followed by an explosion. You did a E-brake, and a car immediately flipped backwards in front of your eyes. It followed with a trail of ember flames, and the people driving the car had their heads covered with blood.

You were taken aback in your seat, trying to process what just happened in front of your eyes. Akira held tightly onto his seatbelt, gasping at the atrocious sight. Meanwhile, Chishiya silently observed it at the back, having an indifferent expression that was unchanging. "Alright, I think we should take a different route to get there, yeah?" Akira frantically nodded his head.

"Was that one of the 'games' you were talking about previously?" You inquired, curious.

"Yes. There are all sorts of games in here, and things can get pretty crazy. Don't expect anything ordinary to happen here," Chishiya advised, before adding on, "It's as if we've been trapped in a video game, and we're all fighting to win." 

"Get my point about this being the worst idea ever?" Akira shrugged his shoulders, clearly about to shit his pants before his first game. "How bad can our first game be anyways? Probably just a game of Hide-and-Seek." You drove to the game arena by following the lights that led you to a place with quite a number of nature and houses surrounding it?

You three got out of the Ferrari once you reached your destination. You crossed the borders to the game , and immediately you felt a strange sensation behind you. Turning your head, you noticed that there was a layer of lasers restricting you from leaving the area. How high it reached up to, you had not the least idea. 

"We're trapped in here. Nobody comes in, and nobody comes out," you thought to yourself skeptically and picked up the phone on the table that had a sign reading, "One phone each". It did some sort of facial recognition and you logged in to it. Looking around the room, you spotted 25 people in the arena, including the three of you. And you thought that all sorts of electrical devices were cut off.

"How is there electricity in this game and signal on these phones but not any other place or device?" You questioned.

"That's because these phones provides visas for you. It shows the number of days you have left to live, until you have to partake in another game," A 6 foot tall man walked into the game arena with a few other men and grabbed their phones. You whipped your head to him. He had his black, shoulder length hair tied back in a half bun, revealing his face filled with piercings on his left eyebrow, left nostril and tongue. He had a sniper rifle slung against his shoulder which he held in his right hand.