Chapter 61-Uncertainty

"Fear of the unknown. The tendency to be afraid when one has absolutely no information on any level about something they face. It can escalate into an intolerance of uncertainty, of which mostly occurs in people who have anxiety."

Not a single clue. No leads. No plausible solution to escape. No way out. 

The only hope, lies in the endless amount of children's games, that we have to go through. 

Nobody knows. Everybody fears. Anybody could be a suspect. Somebody is out there watching. 

One day, we would all perish. But...when? 

----------------------

Only a simple game, could have changed one's whole entire life. 

—————————

Akira Haru brushed through the corridors of the Mansion of Monsters, until he head reached the main hallway, where an announcement was said to be held there. Once he had pushed the double-doors leading to the grand hall where most members of the Mansion resided, he saw a glaring shade of rose pink shining down at him with a brilliance so great it was blinding to the human eye. 

Craning his neck to get a view, he saw Kayami Yuki standing on the mezzanine platform above them. She rested her palms on the guard rail, clearing her throat to turn the attention straight to her. 

Just then, all eyes were raked on the royal robe she donned on her shoulders, along with her dazzling black layered dress with flared sleeves that hugged her waist. Many people sent her confused looks, as the robe she was wearing was none other than the 'royal mantle' Yui wore to symbolize his superiority as the leader. Could he have been dethroned by the 'Queen' of the Mansion by any chance? 

Hushed whispers fell across the room like first snow as everybody searched the deep recesses of their heads, of what possibly could have happened between the Mansion's King and Queen. 

"Silence, please," Kayami requested in a gentle voice, much more lenient than Yui's usual peevish hiss. Everybody looked up to her with anticipation, while the VIPs stood aside, awaiting her grand speech whilst she flipped her robe, showing off its unique appearance. 

Crafted from rich, deep-hued fabrics that included velvet and brocade, her robe featured intricate embroidery and embellishments in gold and silver thread, making her easily look like a queen. The robe was generously adorned with gemstones and pearls, signaling her regal status in the Mansion and matching the iconic hairpin she wore in her hair at the same time.

Seeing that she often wore the hairpin given to her, Chishiya curved up the corner of his lips from a corner of the hall. Normally, he would watch important events through the CCTV cameras from the CATT's headquarters, but anything involving his, now official-but-secretive girlfriend, had to be attended or seen in-person. 

Its majestic train cascaded elegantly, while the ornate patterns woven into the precious fabric narrated the group's history and values. The robe was a visual representation of her significance among the other members, for many considered her to be the "VVIP" member in Yui's eyes.

But of course, she had a reason to be the 'Queen' of the Mansion, as she earned her title for her ever-so flawless physical abilities.

"Mr. Yui has taken three days off from the Mansion. As the Mansion's number 2, I shall step up as the acting leader of the Mansion for the time-being. Any reports, emergencies, or concerns can and will be sent to me from now, until he makes his return back to the Mansion. I will remain here in the Mansion for the entirety, as I have an abundant amount of days left to the expiry of my visa.