Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard

You slowly bent your knees to let Akira sit down and rest for the remaining time of the game. The two of you waited as you saw the other three guys join you back. They were all covered in colored paint, giving Chishiya a rainbow hair color, making you snicker.

"Since Akira is injured, I'll take over him and use a shield and a gun simultaneously," you suggested. Akira tried to stand up, but he accidentally put pressure on his bad leg, making him wince back in pain, banging his head on the shipping crate. "But Sis, I promise I won't be a burden. Just let me go—"

"And let you die like that? No! I promise I will win this game, even if it means crushing your legs so that you can't walk and get in my way." You sternly chided him for his recklessness. You deeply appreciated the fact that he had the willpower to still fight, but you could not afford to let him die on your watch.

Chishiya raised his hand, turning your attention away from your brother. "I have a different suggestion. Why don't I be the tank since I'm the physically weakest besides Akira? You can use two guns, since you're used to using dual machine guns," he said. You nodded, agreeing with him. You looked toward Banda and Yaba to seek for approval. Both of them did not say a word, approving of Chishiya's smart idea. 

Akira crossed his arms in rage, mumbling under his breath, "Fucking smart-ass." He laid down flat on the floor and took in deep breaths to reduce the pain. He whispered to you, "Chishiya cares for you, so don't let him down."

You opened your mouth to respond, but closed it like a goldfish taking in oxygen in the water. You smiled, patting his head. It was good to see that the polar opposites finally got along with each other. Akira had opened up to him, which meant that he placed his full trust in Chishiya that he could protect you, which was a rare sight.

———————————————————-

"Say Chishiya, now the world is getting really more fucked up with these face card games. How are we going to find my sister with the possibility of her being killed by the king of spades?" Akira questioned Chishiya, the sparkle in his eyes had faded ever since the two of you parted, with your status being unknown.

"She'll make it out alive. I know that. Tomorrow, I'm going to participate in the Jack of Hearts game. Would you like to follow me? You might see her there." Chishiya offered.

"With you? Hell no! The only way I'm ever participating in a hearts game is with my sister! She's the only one I can trust in here. Besides, I don't mind you dying because nobody trusts you, other than my foolish sister!" Akira snapped, tears forcing its way out of his eyes and flowing down his cheeks. As the saying goes, you only love someone so much when you are separated from them.

"The reason why I win these games is because nobody trusts me, so they don't get in my way. Your visa is expiring in 3 days, so you'll have to participate in a game soon. Your sister entrusted your life to me, and she risked her life for the sake of you, not me. If I was the only one in the car, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have done that. If you're not partaking in a game, what do you plan to do?" Chishiya told him off as a full-grown adult to a small child.

"I'm going to go look for her! Don't worry, I'll leave traces to find my way back. I'll make sure not to cross the boundaries of the king of spades area. I'll mainly scout the area of the Clubs games, because she'll most likely be there. Besides, I need a break from all the games." He pointed to his leg that was still in the process of healing. He opened his mouth again, the question finally popping back up on his mind. "Chishiya, do you care about my sister?"

Chishiya went silent for a few seconds, before answering, "She did save my life countless times. She's also a loyal partner, so it's only logical to keep people like her close."