Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past

"Oh please, stop joking around! You won't dare to." You went silent for a moment when your younger brother had said that. It was true, in a way. You slowly nodded your head, before bringing him to Chishiya.

"So, he's following you. I knew that this would happen. By the way, your camera device. Maybe you could pass me one so you can see me, and I can also see what happens during your game," he huffed out, clutching his bullet wound with his hand. Akira passed him one of the cameras and a laptop for him to see what was happening.

"You know, you really look like shit right now. But, at least your pale face has some color added to it," Akira said, before walking away towards you.

"Akira, let me carry you on my back. That bullet that went through your leg does not look good. Besides, you have multiple stabs there," you bent your back and held your arms out. He sighed, before reluctantly getting onto your back, locking his hands around your neck. He acted as if he hated being carried by you, but he secretly liked it, and you knew that very well by reading his facial expressions.

Soon, you ended up at a solitary confinement place. The both of you went through the lasers, trapping you two inside it. Walking up the grand stairs to its interior, you saw three devices on the table in the centre, instructing you to wear it on your necks. The both of you did so, before scanning around the arena.

The people seemed very intimidating in different ways. There was a huge and muscular man whose eyes were staring into the souls of the smaller players. There was another middle-aged lady wearing a pink jacket made out of thin cloth, a white dress that matched her high heels who had her hair into a low ponytail. She stood at a corner, not interacting with anyone.

When her eyes landed on you, the corner of her kips curved into a huge smile. She quickly waved to you. "Kayami-san! It's you!" She exclaimed. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, before recognizing her.

"A-Ayaka? Is that you? From the seven of diamonds?" You tilted your head in confusion. She aggressively nodded, hugging you tightly like a mother would to her child. She was so glad that there was someone she could recognize in the game. "With you in the game, I know that we can win, due to your sharp observational skills." She complimented you.

Akira looked at her, acknowledging her as one of his useful allies. "What...happened to your baby?" You noticed that her stomach had flattened and she had became slightly skinnier due to starvation. She looked down with a crestfallen expression on her face, indicating that she had a miscarriage. "Oh...I'm sorry for asking. My condolences for your child." You apologized.

You turned around when you heard the click of the metal device from behind you. Turns out, it was Banda wrapping the device around his neck. He looked at you, smiled, and walked away to his own corner. Looking around another time, you noticed that Yaba had walked out of a cell with a woman who had brown hair. Of course, he would be manipulating a woman to work for him.

Just as usual, he was the dominating man with the submissive woman who had succumbed to his manipulation skills. 

You stuck out your hand to him, him waving back. "Do you know these people?" Ayaka queried, looking at all the people who look like straight-up manipulators. "Yes. speaking of which, why haven't I seen you in any face card games?" 

"After completing the ten of diamonds and the Queen of spades, I decided to wait my visa out to prevent myself from dying. However, this is the last game, and I'm not injured, so I decided to take part in it," she responded. 

Hearing that, you narrowed your eyes when she said that she was able to complete the ten of diamonds probably by herself. Could she have been a possibly intelligent person?