Extra chapter 34-a game with the King

"Who would've guessed that the lawyer was the King of Diamonds ?" You told Chishiya with amusement in your tone. "Well, I have played a game with him once..."

——————————————

"I'm going to join a game now. I heard that the beach's number 2 is going, so I would like to join too." You bid him farewell and went downstairs. You saw the multiple number of cars at the lobby, and found Kuzuryū sitting down alone in a black car at the driver's seat. You slowly walked towards him, before politely asking him if you could join him in the game he was participating in.

"You know, you can't always go solo in every game you participate in, number 2. Don't you want people to come and protect you or sacrifice themselves for you? Or maybe there's another reason you wouldn't want people following you around?" You questioned quizzically, causing him to lift an eyebrow in amusement. 

"No, I'd rather not increase the chances of people betraying me or using me." He said in a flat tone. "Is there a reason you would like to join me in a game?"

"I have this theory. That in the beach, there are these game masters among us who are disguising as players to deceive us and kill us. With every game comes a games master, right?" You explained your hypothesis to him in simple terms. 

He adjusted his glasses before replying, "And you think that I'm a possible suspect? Just to let you know, the chances of you being a games master yourself are not lower than mine."

"Yes, to be honest. I have a few other suspects, but I'd rather not say. Besides, you're a very strong diamonds player, and a stoic person." You admitted, preferring not to lie as he knew what you were thinking already. "Anyway, I would like to play at least one game with every executive, to get to know them better. Don't worry, I won't be a burden or hindrance to your survival."

Silently, he accepted your offer and started the car. "Don't die," he warned you. 

"The same goes to you, number 2."

He soon drove off towards the game venue, which was a tower. 

————————————

"Say, why do you keep talking about equality? You know at the beach, there is no such thing as democracy," you decided to strike up a conversation to get more into the mind of the intelligent Kuzuryū. 

He sighed, before answering, "As a lawyer, I wanted to bring peace and equality to this world. But, everybody kept changing the laws in a bias way that they could make an extremely unreasonable statement sound fair and just with the 'laws of equality'."

Uncontrollably, you burst out into laughter. Kuzuryū asked you what you found so funny about his words. You replied, "I feel like you are overthinking this too much, the whole lot of you. With money and power, you can change the whole status quo. Now that there are NO rules in the borderlands, just live life without giving a single eff!" Kuzuryū raised his eyebrows in surprise.

He thought about what you had just said, before admitting, "I envy you a lot. You lead such a carefree life without a single care in the world, which is what makes you a truly happy person, while I am forever in despair. In these games, it constantly proves to me that life here is equal and that nobody gets special treatment from these games."

"Still, in these games, people with physical prowess like me or people who have intelligence like you have an advantage in these games, so I wouldn't say it's that equal. Think about pregnant ladies in here or handicapped people. War is forever inevitable, number2." You gave him a morale dilemma with your paper full words of wisdom.

The car came to a halt, and you had arrived at your destination. The two of you walked inside of the game arena, where you found a few devices that you were supposed to put around your neck. As always, it attached itself around your neck, not allowing you to remove it.