Chapter 39-Betrayal

Before you could reach the main room, you saw a group of burly men who were armed with weapons approach the both of you. They wore little clothing and had muscles as well as veins bulging out of their skin. One of them slammed their hand against the wall next to your head, asking you, "Pretty lady, are you the murderer?"

"I...I...am...not the murderer," you looked towards the top right corner, before acting like you were nervous by crossing your hands (body language to show that someone is lying). His attention turned to Banda. "Oi, are you the murderer? Answer truthfully or it won't end well for you." He used his height to tower over the both of you. 

"No, but if you think I am, I welcome you to vote for me," he replied calmly, not blinking at all while staring at him back. The man removed his hand from the wall, staring at your lips lustfully. "It's not very good to lie, lady." He walked off with his henchmen, going ahead to threaten more people. 

You fake-vomited, before walking back to the main room. "Now, they're sure to vote for me. Physical prowess isn't all that there is to win the games. They're big but their brains are tinier than peas," you guffawed. Once you reached that place, you noticed that Akira was sitting down at one spot with Ayaka, the bottom of the stairs. 

You walked towards them, before informing them that you had 7 people who were definitely voting for you already. Akira questioned you, "Who are the other 5 people?"

"Those big dudes," you answered, straightening your back and tilting your head down to imitate his death stare and his tall height. He nodded his head, saying that they had also approached the both of them. Then, the four of you heard a buzzer ring.

"May all the players head to their solitary confinement cell for the first voting session to commence," the woman announced.

You got up, walking to your cell merrily. Before you got in, you saw Akihiko leaning his back against the wall. He had a Cheshire cat's grin on his face. Oh, how you wanted to punch him in the face. "It seems like you've gotten most of the players on your fingertips already. I really can't wait to see how you plan to win this game against me," he went to his own cell, nudging your shoulder on the way.

"May all the players except for the murderer place their votes now," the lady instructed the players. You stood there, waiting for the voting session to end. Then, you saw on the mini screen that your role for the next round would be an innocent person. 

On the big screen above the wall, it showed a picture of all the players who had votes put on them. Apparently, you had 10 votes. The five guys, Yaba and that girl, Natsu, a mysterious man wearing a hoodie, and Akihiko. 

"The murderer for this round is Kayami Yuki." The robot announced, your name turning blood red and a box around your picture turning red. "As more than half of the players have voted for her, she is unable to kill anyone this round."

"Shit! Damn it!" You cursed, crashing your wine bottle on the ground. The door to your solitary confinement cell opened slightly. You kicked it open, it smashing onto the wall with a loud 'bang!'. As you got out, you saw your brother smirking at you. You rolled your eyes, heading towards your younger brother. You noticed multiple pairs of eyes on you, looking at your murderous behavior.

"Akira, let's go to Banda and Ayaka." You saw Akihiko laughing at you. (Did i mention that every round lasts for an hour?) 

Walking towards Banda, you noticed his facial expression darkened even more. The three of you went to the main rom where Ayaka was, fiddling with her fingers anxiously. She seemed to be on tenterhooks that round. "Obviously, I'm an innocent this round."

"I'm innocent this round," Akira told the small group. Ayaka and Banda said the same thing. You looked around at every other player in the room, noticing how they all had the same expressions on their faces. Yaba was looking at you and Banda, quirking an eyebrow up in amusement. Meanwhile, the woman named Keiko was tugging on his arm, looking at him lovingly.