Chapter 56-A cup of tea

Placing two cups of freshly brewed tea on the table across each other, you pushed your skirt before before taking a seat on your chair and stretched your neck, making yourself comfortable. "Thanks for the tea," Chishiya said, sipping it, before placing it back onto the table with a resounding clink. 

(Instead of writing a long and boring game, just want to share with you more about their relationship since I noticed I haven't been writing much about them lately to pass time!)

"Haha! It's really my pleasure to have one last cup of tea with you, before I travel to the Mansion of Monsters," you chuckled, two pink clouds floating on your cheeks. You took note that in the borderlands, besides the plants that dangled over the buildings, nothing about the both of you changed. Your hair did not grow, as you hadn't needed to dye it pink again ever since you entered the borderlands.

Up till that day, everybody, including the game masters, were still curious about what the borderlands really were. In fact, you couldn't tell. Time seem to be passing rapidly, and yet it seemed like it just froze all of a sudden, and you two were stuck in a paradox. 

Chishiya smiled, taking another mouthful of his tea. 

He paused, before he finally responded, "Do take caution the moment you step into its gates. The boss there is really someone. During my observation of the games, his ability to make fast, yet rational decisions is inhuman. Not to mention, he doesn't seem to care about anybody at all. One wrong move, and you'll be exposed by him." 

"Reminds me of someone," you wriggled your eyebrows at him, lightening the tense atmosphere between the two of you. Him, clearly seeming irritated by your statement, darkened his face for a split second. 

His lanky fingers reached for your bruised hand that still had the acid burn scar on it. He held it tightly, before stroking his thumb across the enormous scar that you had on your hand, causing a reddish pink to rush to your cheeks uncontrollably. "Such a delicate body you have, and yet you still rush into battle recklessly like a wild boar." He commented. 

"When you go into the Mansion of Monsters, do not ever waver. Sadly, I can't go in there with you for many reasons, the main ones being because I'm tired of socializing and working under somebody. Plus, they might also find out about us, and our relationship will eventually get in the way."

"Tired of socializing with me? Consider me extremely offended!" You pouted, squeezing his hand teasingly. 

"N-no, just everybody besides you. I'm quite an antisocial person, and I'm only willing to talk to you," Chishiya stuttered for, probably the first time you had known.

You chuckled, before interlocking your fingers with his. "I'm just joking! Well, I should get going now. The Mansion is pretty far away from here. Bye bye, Shuntaro."

Right when your grip on his hand loosened, Chishiya stopped you in your tracks by gripping tightly onto your arm. "Wait." He stopped your in your tracks, resulting in you taking a halt.

"Before you go,I would like to play a game of chess with you," he requested with a certain hope in his eyes. "Just a friendly match."

"I don't exactly know how to play chess, but I've read through the books before," you replied, agreeing to his offer. After all, it  would be intriguing to see a small battle between two lovers.

The game of chess is often described as a battle of wits, where the two of you would engage in a mental duel to outsmart the other party. Who would win in that intense battle of the brains? Chishiya was intellectual, shrewd and cunning. He always had a second trick up his sleeve, and was undefeated whenever it game to mind games.