Chapter 53-Worthy

You approached Nao, a man with burnt umber colored hair that complimented his diamond-shaped face. He wore a bandanna that revealed some burn scars on his face. He seemed to be using a wok to make fried rice for another member of the Mansion of Monsters. Once he had perfectly cooked the fried rice slightly overcooked, he placed the crispy rice onto a plate, serving it to the player who was waiting for his food. It had some egg pieces on it, as well as some slices of freshly cooked cabbage. You could smell the scent of the delicious fried rice from a mile away. "Amazing!" You gasped. 

The moment he saw you, he immediately turned around, before he removed his bandanna, styled his hair by slicking it up, relaxed his eyes and greeted you, "How can I serve you, my goddess?" He winked his right eye, smiling with his teeth. "I'm guessing you're new here, because I've never seen someone quite as...pretty in pink as you. Say, you're as fresh as a five-star meal."

Monotonously, you replied, "So you're the cook here?"

"Well, isn't it obvious? But yes, I am. What would you like to eat today, milady?" He tossed his pan, trying to look cool in front of you.

"Surprise me," you responded, wanting to see his cooking skills. Since you were in your hideout living on barely anything, stealing was your only option. However, the both of you were extremely broke, and despite you having robbed the Tokyo Bank, you had to keep the money to yourself so as not to spend it in huge amounts. Thus, you could only eat simple food, or just cook your own meals for you and your brother.  Not bragging, but you were a pretty good cook, with a sharp palette and a good sense of taste. 

"Alright!" He had a smug look on his face, as he cracked his knuckles and got to work.

"Hmm...since you're the only food provider here, you seen everybody in here? The ins and outs of this place?" You asked him casually whilst he was busy cooking. Sharpening his knife, he replied with his back facing you, "Why? You can cook as well? Does that sound like an interesting job to you?" 

"No, not at all. But it does sound...useful," you licked your bottom lip. 

"Anything for you, just to see your gorgeous face. By the way, I overheard you and Kazuya talking a little bit, I heard that you're joining a game with Boss. Just take my advice, and do not get associated with him. He is straight-up danger! Look what he fucking gave me in a game!" he lifted his shirt up slightly, just enough to see his belly that had a large scar across it. 

He leaned forward on the counter, before giving you a heads-up, "Look, this is not called the Mansion of Monsters for nothing. The people here are insane. I suggest that you stay low, keep under the radar, and don't mess with the rank S players. The people here are crazy. Listen to me, and back off from tonight's duel, if you want to live."

"Oh well, I find most of the people here pretty boring, except for Yui," you rolled you eyes at his statement. 

"I took that personally. You find me boring," he whimpered, carrying on with cooking his meal for you. 

You watched as he was making some sauce for a certain type of steak. You leaned closer to his pot, sniffing the ingredients he was adding in. "You forgot to add some cooking sake. Do you not have it here?" You reminded him. He slumped his shoulders, before admitting that he had not any cooking sake left. 

"Replace it with Dry Sherry, Chinese rice Wine, or the last resort, water. Let me help," you used one hand to hoist yourself up and over the counter, landing into the kitchen. You opened all of the cupboards, scanning around for anything that could replace cooking sake. Soon, you found a packet of rice wine vinegar. 

"Over here! I'll add water to it in a 1:3 ratio. About this, and this. Also, let me just add more salt, odd obsession," you placed it into the soup, mixing them together and increasing the intensity of the fire. Nao was taken aback by your amazing cooking knowledge, too stunned to speak.