Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly

Watanabe quickly landed inches away from you and strike towards you, so you removed a plate of metal from the tank and shielded yourself from them. However, he kept on hitting it with all his might, causing blood to flow out of his knuckles. Soon, he gave it a hard kick, sending you flying back, hitting your head on the bar.

You quickly got up on your feet, ignoring the throbbing pain on your head. You grabbed a metal rod and spun it around. You hit him with it, him grabbing it. You took this as your chance and snatched his wrist. You attempted to break it, but it did not work. He took you by your waist and flung you to a nearby pipe. Your rib cage hurt like hell, and it felt as if you had broken one of your ribs.

Wattanabe struggled to flip you around to press the button at the back of your vest, but you held his hand and prevented him from doing so, pushing him with all your might. He straddled on top  of you, preventing any movement. Your legs kicked around furiously, but your efforts to get him off of you were all to no avail. 

"Don't bully me just because I'm the only woman here!" You fought back to his hard punch on your stomach. You were stuck underneath him, and you knew that Yaba and Banda were watching with high hopes for you to survive. 

He leaned his face closer to yours, his bangs brushing onto your face. He was dangerously close to you, and your hands were restricted to the floor due to him having the upper hand.

Your vision was starting to get blurry, and your head was in a screw. "Why're you injuring yourself instead of trying to run around the metal plate...?" You slurred, stepping back diagonally like a drunk man not being able to walk in a straight line.

"That's because I fight with all my heart, unlike you! Instead of always taking the safe roads, break the hardest wall there is, no matter the cost!" He replied.

Your survival instincts kicked in, and you transferred all your weight to your left side, causing him to lie on the floor. You kicked him away with your boot, making him groan in pain. You tried running away, but you tripped down, kneeling helplessly on the floor. You had lost almost all your hope in surviving that round. Watanabe walked up to you and laughed like an evil villain in a superhero comic book. He pulled your long ponytail, forcing you up. You grabbed your hair, feeling the strands of pink locks being forced off.

"So you're just giving up like this? How pathetic," he said, before kicking you and pressing the button at the back of your vest. You were momentarily immobilized due to the shock. Sure, it was painful, but it did not have the satisfying after burn nor was it able to kill you.

The words he said repeated in your head like a broken record. "That's because I fight with all my heart, unlike you!"

"So you're giving up like this? How pathetic!"

"With all my heart!"

"All my heart!"

Those three words echoed in your brain. That was right, all the time you only did things half-heartedly. 

Why, you might ask. 

Because life...

Simply had no meaning or purpose whatsoever to you.

——————————————————————-

All the time, you were wondering what was the meaning of life. To you, Earth was just a floating rock in a dark space of nothingness. Nothing on that world actually mattered. Another topic that made your mind spin in circles was the question about what happened after death. 

"Since I already have a shitty life, killing myself doesn't seem too bad." You lazed in your classroom, resting your head on your palm and gazing out of the window. You lightly tapped your pencil on the table. You looked at the garden outside of your classroom.