Chapter 11-The militants

You showed Hatter your 2 of clubs card in the executives' meeting room. Hatter was in joy as you presented him a new card after others gave him mere repetitions.

"So, Yuki, have you decided whether you would like to join the militants?" He asked you.

"I have put it to deep consideration, and would like to accept your offer, Takeru-san," you replied. Niraigi chortled, before standing up from his seat and approaching you. He stuck out his tongue at you, revealing his metal tongue piercing. He licked his bottom lip and rejoiced, "I've been waiting for you to finally be with me! This is the best fucking day of my life!"

"And this might be the last fucking day of your life!" You teased him, imitating his mischievous tone.

"Now, now, Niraigi. Stop assaulting our newbie. Yuki, for the games that you will be participating in, I will have Aguni join them and keep a close eye on you. Though you are strong, I don't completely trust you still, especially after you joined that game without my permission. For now, you will be given your device and your guns. As for your scythe, I will be keeping it with me. It would be a bit too dangerous for you to be having too many weapons. Your smoke bombs will be given to you, but not your actual bombs. My decisions are final."

"Those are more than enough. Thank you, Takeru-san," you thanked him, making eye contact with Chishiya who nodded.

Once the meeting ended, Chishiya waited for the two of you to arrive in front of his room. 

Now that you were a militant, you were free to wear almost anything you wanted. You put on a pair of lace-up buckled combat boots for you, and you wore a leather jacket on top of your swimsuit, where you put all of your tools. Around your waist was two holsters for your machine guns and placed for you to put your smoke bombs. 

Checking yourself out in the mirror, you put on your summer straw hat, facing the ribbon 45 degrees to your right. You looked amazing, though you were armed. You flipped your hair back with your fingerless gloves for you to protect your hands and not get bruises from carrying your weapons.

Heading outside, you met with Chishiya, whose eyes raked on your new look.

"Yuki, now that you're a militant, you have to be more careful than ever. With a higher ranking and firearms all over your body, people will be keeping a close eye on you. Watch out for Samura and Aguni. They don't seem to trust you yet." He reminded you of the risk you were taking for your plan to come in motion.

From behind you, Akira was walking towards his room. He shoved you with his shoulder, sending you a side-eyed look. "Aki-" he did not give you a chance to speak and slammed his door shut with irritation.

"Really, he is too much! Why are youngsters these days so disobedient? Doesn't he know that I'm putting my life on the line all for him? He's so ungrateful!" You leaned next to Chishiya's door, not meaning any part of what you just said. 

"Well, if you do want him to listen to you, you have to show him that you can be trusted. Instead of forcing him into doing things he doesn't want to accept, you should patiently wait for him to come to you. That is how he'll be loyal and will truly put his faith in you. Maybe you two should have a talk with each other and share your side of this situation?"

"But he's always ignoring me every time I try to explain to him—"

"Yuki! You're not listening to my words. The more you try to talk to him, the more he won't want to do so. Like I said, wait for him to come to you. I know it must be hard for you since he's your only family, but you can't boss him around like that. You might be the older sibling who is smarter and more experienced in fighting, but this superiority complex will get you nowhere. You have to treat the both of you as equals and look out for each other," Chishiya advised you.

—————————————————————-

"My decisions are final. I will be joining the militants."

"But why? Why join that prick and those dangerous people?"

——————————————————————

"Why're you letting that molester join our team for this game? I'm pretty sure we can win without him, even replacing him with that old lady is still better!"

"Akira, he is the best choice if we would like to win this game easily. It's not pleasant if we had a sniper against us."

——————————————————————

"I feel like joining this beach will be a bad mistake, Yu-chan!"

"Akira, it might be dangerous, but to collect every card and win the games more easily, we can't always take the safe path."

——————————————————————

"But Sis—"

"Akira, I'm doing this to protect you, you have to trust me and just follow my lead."

——————————————————————

You covered your mouth with your palm, recalling all the times you had shut him out and did not give him a say in your quarreling. You felt your palm tremble. You thought being the older sibling meant that the younger sibling was inferior to you and that you had to protect and provide for them. Sometimes, Akira was the one saving your life and making sacrifices for you too.

After all, you two were both from the Kayami family and were equals. All in all, nobody had more value than another person. You finally realised that after hearing Chishiya's words.

Yet again, Akira was a mere child who still had yet to grow and learn more about the cruel world that you two lived in, and sending him to a completely different borderland seemed to be making him slightly mental and even more confused about what was real and what wasn't.

"You know, Shuntaro, you might have a stone-cold heart, but you're real good at understanding people's feelings. Thank you... for making me find out...what was making Akira so annoyed by me..." you looked up to the ceiling to prevent the tears from spilling out, but they flowed down your cheeks regardless. 

"I saw you come back from a game, you should go get some sleep, Yuki. Tomorrow, I suggest that you try making up for your brother and have a heart-to-heart talk before we join another game the following day. You seem pretty tired after all that has happened."

"I should say the same to you. Looking at your eye bags makes you look like a ghost! You could possibly be a light sleeper, considering that I see sleeping pills on the desk next to your bed. They don't seem to be working very well. Oh, and, don't you have 4 days left on your visa? Why not wait it out and enjoy your life here, you know, have a drink and get high on some drugs with a hot chick and have some crazy hot sex after watching her pole dance?"

"You're indeed correct for analyzing that I'm an insomniac. A sharp eye you have for noticing the sleeping pills on my table. As for your second query, I have to admit that I'm getting restless here, not playing a game for days. And no, seeing the girls practically naked or dancing exotically does not arouse me. Besides, I don't drink nor take drugs. And, I'm a virgin and will always be," He replied with a straight face. You truly wondered how he could talk about dirty topics with a blank face.

The two of you said goodnight to each other, before entering your rooms and going to sleep. You were so tired that you did not even make it to your bed or at least close the door before collapsing on the floor face-first.