Chapter 48-Yes

Four years had passed, and you were turning 25 on that day. At that time, you had already left ModernTech and made your own technological company called 'Yuriyami Manufactures'. (Credits to no_longer_human2910 for making the name. Yu=Yuki ri=Akira but in reverse Yami=Kayami!)  you had overthrown ModernTech as the most technologically advanced company.

You had hundreds, no, thousands of people working for you in your huge company that was built near Shibuya Crossing. It was a high-rise building that had a futuristic design on it. At the top were lit up words that spelt, 'Kayami Manufactures'. You were proud to have your name embodied right on a successful business' name.

You had shared your invention of your camera device that worked perfectly. Not only did it have better visuals and a smaller, undetectable size, but you also added speakers to it for sound to travel through a wireless network, allowing people to use it as a form of communication. With that invention, you had also contributed to Japan's military force by providing them with that communicator that worked like a drone on the ground. Undetectable, and efficient.

You had introduced to the world even more inventions. There were robots that could move around and follow your instructions and help you to build, better machinery to manufacture your tools and inventions. Not to mention, you made huge robots that you could go into and control from its core for combat purposes in the army and driverless vehicles were added to the list of your inventions. Each and every one of them took such a long time to improve as well as bring it to its fullest potential.

You treated your workers well, constantly giving them bonuses and tips for their hard work. Knowing what it felt like to have nothing, you did not want anybody to suffer the same way that you did. Soon, 'thank you, lady Kayami' were the four words that you had heard at least a hundred times a day. Since you had so much money, why not give it away to people who were in more need of it?

Everybody worshiped you like a god, having invented so many useful devices. But, you made sure to always thank you brother for being there for you throughout your whole journey. Deep down, you wanted to make him come alive again, to feel his soft touch and carry him for one last time again. 

Walking past Shibuya Crossing, you saw a filthy underground place that was locked up by huge chains. Feeling somewhat connected to it, you felt a sense of familiarity when you looked at it that drawn you to it.

However, you knew you had to move on, and you did, always remembering him in your heart. "He's supposed to turn 17 this year..." you thought quietly to yourself. 

Besides being the most talented inventor in the world, you were also a popular model who modeled for Vogue with the help of aunt Tsuyuri who used her connections with you to get you a, you could say, part-time job there. You frequently went there to model for their company, also having documentaries made about you.

You were shown on television, books and posters. Even if you were often tired, you just took a break once in a while to clear your mind and make time for your loved ones. After less than a year, you had already made enough money to purchase your private property. It was a luxurious penthouse that also had its own secret garden and private swimming pool. "Ha! My house is bigger than yours, Shuntaro!" You had a good laugh in your heart.

Also, sometimes you would take breaks in the winter and summer to make time and space for your boyfriend, Shuntaro. Ah, ya! Did I mention that he was your dear boyfriend?

—————————————-

(About three and a half years ago)

Chishiya pulled up his car at your house, which was at the 50th floor, a perfect view for one, unless you had Acrophobia (fear of heights). It was a good scenery that made you feel very blessed every single day. Sometimes, it would remind you of how rich you were and how lucky you were to be in that position.