Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted

"Welcome to the fifth stage venue. This stage is called infection.

Rule: Every round that lasts for five minutes, one person is chosen as the infected. They are to press the button at the back of a player to infect them. It is game over for the person that is infected when the timer runs out. This goes on until there are 3 players remaining." The robotic voice announced the fifth stage. Shigure muttered, "Hope Yamamoto doesn't mind me using her game as inspiration."

You walked towards the table full of vests. There was a button at the back of it. You inserted your arms into the arm slots. The big screen showed the player who was going to be the first infected one. It was Kuro! His vest turned completely red color, whilst the other players' vests turned blue.

"Game start!"

You reacted quickly and jumped on top of three pipes, before climbing up a tank. You continued swinging yourself upwards before landing on top of a platform. You leaned your hands against the bar at the side of it and looked at what was happening. 

Obviously, Kuro targeted Haruno, since she was already injured on her back. Haruno fell to the ground, suffering from a slight electric shock. "Oh, I forgot to tell you that infecting someone gives them a little shock!" Shigure' s voice echoed through the room. There was 4 minutes left on the clock, and Haruno was having trouble with finding another player to infect.

She tried climbing up a tank by grabbing onto the pipes, only to be kicked down by Watanabe. He curled his hair back, his bangs revealing his other eye. You previously thought that he was blind in his other eye, but it turned out otherwise.

Her eyes widened in fear as the timer ticked down, and her time was clearly running out. She felt an acute pain strike her on her back. Blood spilled out from her injury. Although the pain was slowly killing her, she pressed on by aimlessly running towards Wattanabe, who defended himself by slamming her down against the cold, metal floor.

She began sobbing on the ground, before she suddenly lost her sense of anything, and she charged towards him one last time, until the time ran out. A red laser shot from the ceiling and through her head, ending her relatively short life. She had come so far, but you guessed that it was the end of her life. 

"Stage 5 round 2 start."

There were nine of you left, and the infected randomized again. This time, it was Banda. He looked up at the screen and smirked. "Just what is that psycho going to do? I better get away before he pulls something on me," you climbed up a few more pipes before resting at the top of one, watching the commotion from above others.

Banda looked around the area, looking at every player. He then turned his head upwards to stare at you. He waved his hand up, making you tilt your head in confusion. How could he be so calm during these situations? Not to mention, he's wasting the time on the clock. Banda rolled up his sleeves and found his target.

He looked down at Yaba. Was he insane? Yaba was probably the last person you would want to target in that room. Not only was he strong, but he was hella smart. He had both brains and brawn. You guessed that it was his way of making things more interesting, unless he had plans.

Banda simply jumped down on Yaba, aiming for the button at his back. Yaba turned around quickly, not giving him a chance. Yaba kicked him backwards, making him land next to Ikkei. He then punched Ikkei, making him fall down head-first. Banda pressed the button on his back, giving him an electric shock before he ran back up the ramps.

Ikkei slowly stood up from his position, strategizing how he would infect another person. He looked toward Yaba, who gave him a death glare that said, "Come here and you'll be out cold for the rest of the round. I dare you." He then decided to target Katashi, who seemed to have his guard down as he was facing away from him.