Chapter 5-Ambush

As the five of you walked into the game arena, you spotted your base. In the centre of it was a red flag that was 2 meters long. As instructed, Tatta picked up the flag and you got into your positions. Once every team had secured their flags, the same robotic female voice announced the start of the game, "All teams have gotten into their respective positions. Game start!"

Before you could move forward in search of other teams, Chishiya stopped you. "Stop! I have another plan that is much more efficient and less energy-consuming. I suggest that you can hide your cameras around the area and look for other teams. Meanwhile, we will hide in the bushes. Like his, we can easily ambush them whilst their guard is down instead of fighting them head-on. Or, if they are fighting with another team, we simply wait until the fight ensues to ambush them when their energy is critically drained. That way, we can kill two birds with one stone."

"Ah, I see, why didn't I think of that? But we'll keep the formation just in case they might not be as weak as expected," you complimented. He was indeed a formidable enemy. "I swear if I anger you, I'd have to sleep with two eyes open!"

"I could say the same to you, Kayami-san."

The five of you agreed to proceed with Chishiya's brilliant plan. Using your new invention, you placed the cameras at different locations of the area. You pulled out your screen from Akira's backpack (since you're heavily armed with huge weapons, Akira will carry the other things with him to back you up) and watched the footage. It worked mainly with batteries and amazing hacking skills. Though the footage was blurry, it was the best you would get.

"I see two teams. Team 4 from the east and team 3 from the west. Remain silent so they don't blow our cover. It seems like they're about to come face-to-face with each other in 3,2...." The two teams met up behind you guys in scattered positions and pulled out small knives, preparing to fight by defending their flag and stealing the other team's.

"1." They shouted and soon got into what you would call a school fight. Most of the people were merely the average person with zero fighting experience. After 1 minute, the fight as astonishingly over. Team 3 had been eliminated by team 4, except for a poor elderly lady crawling on the floor, begging for her life. One man in team 4 who had a gun in his hand gave her no mercy and just shot her in the head, making her drop dead.

You turned to Akira, who nodded at you. You turned to the rest of the group and stood up from your hiding spots. "NOW!" You shouted, signaling for everyone to ambush them and steal their flags. The fight was easy to the point that you did not have to use your weapons. Most of them were injured.

 Akira threw a smoke bomb, distracting them while you ran up behind them, knocking them out with just one hit, Niraigi, on the other hand, having fun torturing the players. With that, you had three flags, enough to win the game.

"Alright! Let's go look for some more teams to beat up!" The psychopathic man exclaimed after stepping on a male's head, finishing him off.

"No," you refused. "Since we already have more than half of the flags, we should stay put instead of wasting our energy. We don't know how strong they might be so we should go back to hiding unless team 2 and 5 fight or somehow locate us." Niraigi scoffed, clearly not liking your suggestion. "But look at us! We're unbeatable! We have so many weapons!"

"Listen, Niraigi, let's just follow what Kayami said and wait until the time runs out," Tatta spoke up for you with a frightened tone in his soft voice. (I hate that Tatta had to die because he's so innocent and didn't deserve to die I personally would rather sacrifice Niraigi)

"What will you do in the event of them being intelligent and splitting up to kill us? And getting 4, or even all the flags and win the game? What will you do if they possibly have a sniper hunting us down as we speak? That woman just now with her crossbow might be up on a tree looking for us! Oh please, use that pea brain of yours for once!" You chided him, making sure not to be too loud so as to make the other teams hear you.