Chapter 36-fight to the death

Your eyes slowly blinked open as you noticed that the sun had risen. You shot out of bed and dressed back into your original clothes and armed yourself with your weapons. You quickly went downstairs and ate another packet of Chishiya's biscuits for your breakfast. 

You looked around the room, to see that Akira and Chishiya were both awake. "You done with your beauty sleep? After that romantic scene with Chishiya, you both must have slept well," Akira teased you. You nudged him in his shoulder, shutting him up. You had no idea he was watching, or listening. "Couldn't he just have slept normally?" You thought to yourself.            

Pulling your shirt up, you tried to cover the hickeys on your neck given to you by the one and only.

You proceeded to roll up your sleeves on your blouse, preparing for the big day ahead of you. You checked every single one of your weapons, making sure that they were all in good shape before you could go attack the King of spades a second time. 

The first time you attacked him, you barely made it alive if it was not for your instincts. He barely missed you when you were hiding behind that building, or was it on purpose to make you come back for a real battle with him at your full potential?

"See you again, little girl," he had said to you. Perhaps he was interested in a real battle, rather than killing you like the rest of the players?

Akira had his daggers, his hand gun and a few smoke bombs, along with one grenade you had given him. "Oh, and before we leave, I have made an upgrade to these daggers. Look!" You exclaimed, catching both of their attention.

You grabbed a cup of water, before stabbing a dead corpse you had found in the inn. You then placed the dagger into the cup of water, a purple liquid oozing from the tip of the dagger. "Look! While we were separated, I worked on adding poison to my daggers! This should make it more lethal, adding on with side effects. However, it isn't fatal. It works to weaken and paralyze the opponent, for about 20 seconds." 

Akira raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, why wouldn't you want it to be fatal? Wouldn't that instantly kill the king of spades?"

"There are three main reasons why. One, because we would like to capture the target alive. Two, because we don't have that lethal poison at hand. Three, we would like to avoid accidentally stabbing one of us with it. In this case, it's all of the above." Chishiya explained for you. 

"Additionally, I have three injections here, of which are the antidotes for this poison. Even after 20 seconds, the person infected with it will have difficulty moving or thinking straight. It's a bit like being drunk, so use it only if one of us gets stabbed by it accidentally," you added on. Akira nodded, comprehending what you were planning to do. You handed them to Akira. 

"The King of spades has no rules whatsoever, except to kill him. While I'm fighting with him, I want you to throw these towards him from the side and attack him when his back is turned. This will be very dangerous but we have to take risks. Arisu and his gang of goody-two shoes are not good enough to defeat him by themselves, I just know it. Remember our training, okay?" You crouched down to his heights, explaining what you were going to do with him.

He recalled all his training sessions with you previously and how you had taught him multiple synchronized attacks with you, from numbers one through ten. The main factor that determined which one the two of you would be doing was how the attacker attacked you. After all, he was human too. 

Chishiya looked at the both of you, having his own plans in his mind: to avoid the fight and sit out while you did all the dirty work, or scut work as you described it.

You got out, finding your red Ferrari waiting for you outside. You unlocked it using your keys and got inside, ordering Akira to get inside. "Shuntaro, I'll see you after I complete the King of Spades."