Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand

Once you pushed the door to the rooftop open, you noticed that Chishiya was leaning against the wall, listening to music. His clever handmade devices never ceased to amaze you. When he saw that you had arrived, he removed his ear buds and offered you to sit next to him.

You two sat at the edge of the compartment above the door, your legs from your knee below dangling on top of the door. You placed your arms behind your back, casually leaning on them. Chishiya's legs were crossed, his arms in his pocket, you guessed he was holding on to his taser. 

"You still don't trust me that much, do you? Well, I don't really blame you. But, I don't have a reason to kill you here, unless your name just so happens to be Niragi Suguru!" You joked, Chishiya letting out one small genuine laugh.

"You're quite the humorous person, Kayami-san," he commented.

You noticed his platinum blonde hair swaying with the cool breeze under the moonlight. His head, slightly taller than yours, was dreamily staring into the night sky. His gaze alone made you feel calm, as if all the worries you had in the world disappeared. It was so carefree, like he did not give a shit about anything in the world. You did not notice a pink hue forming on your cheeks.

"So, could you get to the point of what you wanted to tell me instead of staring at me creepily?" He broke the silence between you two. You felt the red hue on your cheeks rise, and your face was nearly as pink as your hair was. 

He was so unconcerned about everything, and it made you surprised that he was even a doctor, who was meant to be a caring, sociable person, but it was the exact opposite of that. 

"Oi, you were also staring at me! And, all the time, when we played the game, you were constantly watching me! Speak for yourself! Haha!" You taunted him, he just scoffed and said he was analyzing you.

"Alright, alright. I'll get straight to the point. I think that becoming the top member of the Beach is absolutely impossible and very unlikely to occur. But, we could always steal them! If I become a trusted militant and get close enough to Hatter, I'm sure I'll find out where it's hidden. All I need is entry to his room, which I can sneak in as well. Sneaking in his suite is nothing compared to getting past bank security," you explained with simple details.

Chishiya seemed impressed by your ideas, and he turned to face you, his cat eyes digging into your soul.

"Kayami, only one person can escape from the beach with all the cards. I wonder why you're telling me your plan right now. I could just turn you in to the executives," Chishiya stated. 

You giggled, making him confused, but fascinated at the same time. You replied, "Even if you turn me in to the executives, they'll get suspicious of you since I shared my plan with you, which could signify that you had similar plans. Oh, and do you really believe Hatter's bullshit? We haven't even encountered any face cards yet. To be honest, you're the person I trust the most in here. Despite your intimidating demeanor and manipulation abilities, I think you should already know well that you can't trick me that easily, and the same goes for me, too."

You tilted your head to crack it, but accidentally landed it on Chishiya's left shoulder. Your head quickly straightened back up, and you chuckled, before admitting, "Honestly, if the cards really was the way out, then, I'd let you go in my place." 

"And why is that?" He queried, shocked by your answer. He expected you to just stab him in the back and keep the cards to yourself, but you were different from the rest.

"Now that I think about it, I haven't done anything with my life. You're a doctor, and you save lives everyday. You deserve to leave the borderlands more than I do. I'm just a lowly criminal, while you're an important contributor to society! Your life is definitely worth more than mine, so I'm willing to give min up for yours!"