Chapter 57-A new Beginning

(Funny how in school I recently got tested on a 1000 word+ essay and its theme was a new beginning so here is where my inspiration came from...)

(From now on I shall be telling this story from a new player's point of view in order not to spoil any further plot that will not make the story entertaining so please say goodbye to Kayami Yuki for a while friends but rest assured that I will not confuse you and she will reappear maybe 1-3 episodes from now :) )

FIRST PERSON POV: (Just to inform you this took place one day before Kayami entered the MOM)

FROM ANOTHER PARALLEL DIMENSION... 

"Ahh!" I gasped, feeling the cold, hard concrete ground underneath my backside. Standing up, I brushed off the dust that was on my body. Feeling my hands whilst turning them around, I patted every inch of my body. 

"What?" I pondered, "Am I in heaven?" 

Slapping myself, I felt the acute pain that rushed to my left cheek. Wincing in pain, I rubbed the area. "Seems like I'm pretty much alive."

Adjusting the tie to my school uniform, I picked up my black school bag and slung it onto my shoulder. Upon taking a skeptical look around town, I was soon to realize that I was in Shibuya Crossing, the exact location I was in before...that happened. 

———————

Strolling back home after a long, tiring session of school and a few ice-cream popsicles with my buddies, I was soon to notice that something was amiss. The ground was shaking uncontrollably, and I could sense the vibrations, feel the rumbling underneath my feet. Just then, a blast of water shot up from the ground, sending a few people into the sky before collapsing onto the ground.

What could have happened? 

As a student who had a major in science, technology and engineering (STEM), I turned around and had a look at the train station right behind me. I was quick to notice that the Shibuya River, consisting of the Onsen and Uda River merged together underneath the Shibuya station was starting to explode from the ground. 

Taking a few wary steps back, I could taste the palpable tension in the air, and the bitter taste fear of the surrounding passers-by was lingering in my throat. Murmurs echoed throughout the area, and I stood frozen to the ground, unable to move a single inch of my body. 

It was as if someone had planted a massive explosive underground that cost the river to explode from underground, which could only mean...a tsunami was approaching! 

Gripping onto my bag, I instinctively summoned all of my courage and yelled, "TSUNAMI!" 

Hearing my warning, numerous people began running from multiple directions, any direction besides where the water was flowing from. 

Using all of the stamina left inside of me, I dashed at top speed away from the area.

All of a sudden, I heard a loud "Bang!" from behind my back. However, I dared not look at the second explosion from behind me. The only thing that mattered to me was escaping the current danger that was racing with me, threatening to annihilate anything and everything in its path. 

However, the moment I felt water splashing at my back, I knew that it was the end for me. "Crap..." I could feel myself being submerged in the water, unable to breathe. Soon, I could feel countless pieces of shards cutting into my body. Sooner enough, I felt my body giving up. 

I was only 18, and yet my life was just about to end. Fuck...if only I had a second chance!

———————

Surreptitiously peeking around, I was fast to notice that there was not a single soul around the place. "What? Where am I? What the?!" I blurted out, before calling out for any signs of a soul around.