Chapter 31-outnumbered

Once you got back, you checked out the items that your team had collected. Chishiya had found a shield, which had some paintball stains on it. He handed it to Akira, the selected tank in the team. Akira had stolen some paintballs from his opponents, but he had a few bruises and cuts in the process. 

"Akira, you didn't have to get injured just so you could steal— A RED PAINTBALL?" You gawked at it. "Akira! Thank you! This is a game changer! If I camp somewhere and get a headshot, I can earn us 500 points!" You squealed in excitement, ruffling his hair with arrogance.

Banda had found a paintball gun too, but had little to no paintballs as he had used them up to hit targets and fight. You handed him 3 yellow paintballs and 20 white paintballs. Then, you had 30 white paintballs, 10 yellow paintballs, 5 blue paintballs and one precious red paintball.

"Since we have a lot of paintballs, Akira and I will scout the area above and shoot down people. With this shield, almost anything is possible!" You told them your plan for the next half an hour. Chishiya nodded, having found a paintball gun and enough paintballs to last him the next 30 minutes. 

With that, the first 30 minutes of the game had come and gone. You climbed up the shipping crate with Akira and you two laid low, acting like a sniper and a tank. The metal shield, apparently, was bigger than you expected. It was convenient for you to crouch behind it without having to compress your body at all, maybe enough for all five of you.

You landed next to a target. You looked at it, before making eye contact with Akira and shrugging. "Worth a shot," Akira told you. You shot it with a white paintball. The two of you held your breath in anticipation.

"A target has been shot by the challenger's team. They have earned 100 points."

The two of you celebrated and did a high-five. Soon, you saw Kousuke walking around freely with a paintball gun held in his hands. Reloading your paint ball gun with the red paintball, you aimed at his head. It was all for nothing

When the time felt right, you pulled the trigger immediately when the crosshairs landed on his neck. You earned 500 points for your team!

You quickly tried to retreat, but felt a paintball hit your neck. You whipped your head back to see that Maki had shot you with a blue paintball, and was repeatedly shooting you and Akira. Her dark eyes stared down into your soul, the corners of her lips that had black lipstick on them curving up. 

Akira placed the shield in front of you two to block her paintballs, while you were shooting Kousuke down, running to the side at times.

Soon, you noticed Haruto appear from the side. He began shooting you too. You ran, dodging them and shot back at him. From another corner, Misaki had come out, her tattoos shining under the scorching sun. Akira was running around to distract them while you were trying to shoot them down and run away at the same time.

Just when the two of you thought you could turn a corner and evade them, you bumped into a hard iron shield. Keiji appeared from behind it, smirking at you. "Not so fast, pinky." He taunted you.

The two of you were unfortunately surrounded by all five of them. You had to think of a plan, and quick. Paintballs were sent your way, so you tried your best to hide behind Akira's shield.

"Akira, split up! I'm going to regroup with Chishiya! You go to Banda or Yaba!" You jumped onto Akira's shield and onto a shipping crate, running in the opposite direction Akira was in to distract them. 

Unfortunately, your plan did not work. They planned on getting Akira as he was as kid. Akira tried running away, but Keiji caught him, his glare under his blue locks scaring him. He kicked Keiji off him, but he grabbed your younger brother's leg and threw him against a wall, his shield dropping onto the floor.