Chapter 13-A key source of information

It was already night time, when Chishiya told you that he would be participating in a game. You knew he would be able to find someone that shows potential to be his pawn, and you wanted to learn his game tactics fast and adapt to them. 

When you reached the lobby level, you found the red Ferrari that you had previously stolen and let Tatta drive back to the beach. You laughed when you recalled him saying that it had a "sexy body" and that it had a "perfect figure" like a child admiring his toy cars. Was he sexually attracted to automobiles?

You took the keys and got in. Starting the engine, you adjusted the rear view mirror, checking yourself out. Dark circles swirled underneath your eyes, and your charm decreased by 30%. Brushing through your hair with your hand, you adjusted the strap of your swimming costume, pulling the bottom of the leotard further down.

"Of course, according to research studies, they have come to a conclusion that pulling an all-nighter will eventually decrease your charm by 30%, so sleep more!" You used to tell Akira, tucking him into bed forcefully. 

You stepped on the accelerator lightly, whipping your head around for a certain platinum blond haired man while moving across the crowd.

"And let's begin the games! With new cards, we will be one step closer to escaping the borderlands!" You heard Hatter motivate everybody, them cheering with excited faces. 

It was unfortunate to say it, but Hatter was, obviously, pulling them into his scheme for them to work for him as mere little slaves so that he could collect all the cards from their labor and sacrifices and come out as the only survivor of the borderlands. A devious, but smart man he was.

Chishiya shoved through the crowds, before he spotted you sitting in the driver's seat of the Ferrari, ready to play another game. You wore a belt that had pockets on it to store your smoke bombs and your device. At the side of your belt, you slotted in your two machine guns, ready to use it at any given moment.

He sat in the front seat next to you. "Are you this excited to join a game? Is there someone you have in mind after yesterday's game?" He guessed. You replied with a yes for both. That Arisu and Karube caught your attention from the start, though they do not seem particularly strong, you could tell they had a knack for these games.

"Also, I would like to join a game for Aguni, it's mandatory for all candidates for a militant. Besides, I need to get closer to the militants, however much I hate it. All this is for becoming in charge of the Beach," you said, Chishiya nodding with acknowledgement. 

"Aguni seems to like you, doesn't he?" Chishiya replied, "To find someone as physically capable as him. That Arisu and Karube you're talking about, I'd like to meet them soon." 

Arisu was not really the physical type, but he seemed to have a knack for making quick decisions and having a fast way of thinking, which you assumed came from solving puzzles and playing video games.

 As for Karube, he seemed to be an able-bodied fighter who knew how to use weapons decently and had a good height. He seemed to be very loyal to his friend, Arisu. They were probably friends even before the borderlands. 

As for him saying that he had an injured friend, Karube's spirit got down at the mention of his injured friend. The three of them could possibly be a trio. Not bad, not bad at all. They had a pretty good chance of surviving the borderlands for a while, especially with your help. 

Soon, three more people stepped into your car. You looked at the rear view mirror, seeing Aguni, a random beach member, and Tatta. "Hello! Kodai, weren't you supposed to be going to the game at Miyashita Park? Were you attracted by this Ferrari's 'sexy body'? Could you possibly have a fetish for cars? You can admit it here, and the secret will stay in this car."